Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Sarah!!! You're back. Good to hear that Things are a bit better.

Kim, if the paint you use is of high quality, and it's like a satin finish, it will look beautiful. But, then you have the issue with the molding. What do you plan to do with that? Also, you know you'll have to sand the wood down before painting, right? So, if you're already doing that, can you just re-stain it a lighter color rather than painting it? Just another thought. I have been there and it's no fun!

Oh Jacqui!!! I'm so happy for you and Jeff. This can free you up for a while. Better something than nothing. How long does Jeff have to take chemo pills?

Jacqui said:
We got some good news on Friday, our patient advocate found us new funding for our co-pay on Jeff's chemo pills. They are paying the $1,300 and we only have to pay $100 each month. Of course, this only covers for six months and then we have to find another source. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

RosieRedfoot said:
Well sanding cures most cabinet issues if it's real wood underneath. My bf is also against painting wood but said I could if I really wanted to.

That's what I did when we got our house. I sanded the cabinets and restrained them darker.

Jacqui said:
We got some good news on Friday, our patient advocate found us new funding for our co-pay on Jeff's chemo pills. They are paying the $1,300 and we only have to pay $100 each month. Of course, this only covers for six months and then we have to find another source. :)

That is awesome news Jacqui !! :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jacqui, that's great news. On a side note, I listen to a lot of Junior Brown and with many of his songs dealing with being simi-crazy and a truck driving man and the loving wife at home, I think of you and Jeff.

Wow…semi-crazy

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
Oh Jacqui!!! I'm so happy for you and Jeff. This can free you up for a while. Better something than nothing. How long does Jeff have to take chemo pills?

The rest of his life, unless his body starts reacting too badly to it or if they develop some new drug. At this point, I believe in writing it says five or six years. It doesn't "kill" the cancer he has, it just keeps it at bay.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Little Ricky says, “It's my birthday, why should I care if dad gets in trouble for letting me eat the landscape?"ImageUploadedByTortForum1379195154.589361.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
Little Ricky says, “It's my birthday, why should I care if dad gets in trouble for letting me eat the landscape?"

Hey, I have some of those plants too! :D So was he having those for a birthday treat? Jeff was in Portland Thurs/Fri

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's a bummer. Forever on chemo pills...how many years have he been on pills? Is it almost 5 years? They say if a person survives 5 years with no cancer growth, that they can live many years on maintenance. Is that true? Also at what stage was his cancer when it was diagnosed? If this is too personal to answer, I'll understand.

Jacqui said:
sibi said:

The rest of his life, unless his body starts reacting too badly to it or if they develop some new drug. At this point, I believe in writing it says five or six years. It doesn't "kill" the cancer he has, it just keeps it at bay.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
My dad went through chemo so I know how much it sucks. Good news though!

Here's a floor that we both like:

ImageUploadedByTortForum1379202378.839466.jpg

Bad lighting, but I love the lighter and darker variation.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1379202715.400866.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Thoughts on a kitchen re-do like this vs painting?

KitchenIdea1_zpsdd1f835e.png

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Here's a pic of mikey and I today out on our wheeling trip.

You know Kerry, you have lost so much weight, I can't even see you any more. :p :D

sibi said:
That's a bummer. Forever on chemo pills...how many years have he been on pills? Is it almost 5 years? They say if a person survives 5 years with no cancer growth, that they can live many years on maintenance. Is that true? Also at what stage was his cancer when it was diagnosed? If this is too personal to answer, I'll understand.

No, they found the tumor over a year ago, but we didn't have it removed til December. So currently he has no cancer that can be seen, but it will come back. The chemo pills on him work to ward it's return off for as long as possible.

Okay not fair! When I posted my remark to Kerry, the picture was not showing. :rolleyes: Darn just take away my tease of the night.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:

That is so pretty. I would love to have that kitchen.

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

You know Kerry, you have lost so much weight, I can't even see you any more. :p :D

sibi said:

No, they found the tumor over a year ago, but we didn't have it removed til December. So currently he has no cancer that can be seen, but it will come back. The chemo pills on him work to ward it's return off for as long as possible.

Okay not fair! When I posted my remark to Kerry, the picture was not showing. :rolleyes: Darn just take away my tease of the night.

Ha.. I thwarted you. ;)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Now, that's a kitchen I can get use to.
RosieRedfoot said:

Aww...what a great couple you make. Both of you look like you're made for each other.
Kerryann said:

So, Jacqui, when they found the tumor a d removed it, did he have radiation treatment and chemo? If not, and if or when it returns, will it be another tumor? If the cancer hadn't metastasized, he has a good chance of beating this, yes?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
So, Jacqui, when they found the tumor a d removed it, did he have radiation treatment and chemo? If not, and if or when it returns, will it be another tumor? If the cancer hadn't metastasized, he has a good chance of beating this, yes?

No radiation or regular chemo, only the chemo pills. It will return, this not a cancer that is cured or goes away. When it comes back chances are it will be as another stomach tumor, but odds are it will not be as "easy" as this go round was (as in the next round has a very high chance of being the finial round also). Without the chemo pills he would most likely have gotten the cancer back within a year. Five years is kinda the high end of expectancy.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
PM coming your way.
Jacqui said:
sibi said:

No radiation or regular chemo, only the chemo pills. It will return, this not a cancer that is cured or goes away. When it comes back chances are it will be as another stomach tumor, but odds are it will not be as "easy" as this go round was (as in the next round has a very high chance of being the finial round also). Without the chemo pills he would most likely have gotten the cancer back within a year. Five years is kinda the high end of expectancy.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Aw geeeeez....the C word. Makes me so sad.
I have been battling cervical cancer for 3 years. No health insurance...definitely makes it a challenge.
But, I keep it at bay, and I have Planned Parenthood to thank. Lots of free or heavily discounted care. Live a healthy and positive lifestyle (tortoises do help!!), and things are going well for now.

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh no, Sandy, you too? Don't you qualify for Obamacare? Something has to give. I wish you well, and, yes, the torts help.
SenjiSandy said:
Aw geeeeez....the C word. Makes me so sad.
I have been battling cervical cancer for 3 years. No health insurance...definitely makes it a challenge.
But, I keep it at bay, and I have Planned Parenthood to thank. Lots of free or heavily discounted care. Live a healthy and positive lifestyle (tortoises do help!!), and things are going well for now.

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I have no idea what is going on with obamacare. Seems like a disaster. I need help, I'm single, no insurance, and just a vet tech. Been a tough past 6 years, but I've been thru alot, so I can handle more than most.
Can you tell me more about what OC might do for me? I don't have TV or Cable, and sometimes I get the local paper, so I admit I don't hear much news other than animal info. ;-)
True nerd, eh? :)

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Mean while, the Oregon Ducks had a commanding win today against Tennessee. Can I have a Yelllll-Oooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.