Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
It's not too bad here yet. It's still about 14 degrees, but the winds are horrible so windchill is below 0. By this time tomorrow regular temp will be below 0, not even factoring in windchill.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It's a balmy 11 degrees here but outs supposed to plummet this afternoon down to -20.
My coworker is so dang smart. He got married this summer and I asked him why he didn't honeymoon then and he said they'd do it this winter. He's leaving the cold for Israel. So smart..... I'm stick here cold and snowy.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
We are now down to 8 degrees before windchill is factored in. It's beginning to drop.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:
Once again, Jacqui has let us down in the "good morning" department!

No Jacqui was just trying to sleep away the negative numbers. :p :D In reality am doing everything different here today because of the cold, so did not get on as early as usual. Like how do you explain to a dog you have been working hard to get housebroken (and who now has only a rare accident) that you DO want him to go potty in the house? Didn't think the little Chi would survive at -7 (-21 windchill) long enough to do his jobs. Plus I think the laptop is also suffering from cold depression and is moving even slower then normal.

Good Morning!

There Yvonne happy now? :p :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor doggies. I feel for 'em in this cold weather. It doesn't seem to bother Misty when there's frost on the ground. She just marches out there and does her business.

Do you have those doggie pads for the pups to use in the house? My daughter had to resort to them as one of her older dogs has become incontinent. She just goes when/wherever she feels like it. So she gets locked up in the laundry room over night with the whole floor covered in doggie pads.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I don't mind cleaning up after my lapdog. In fact, I put down pee pads for him near the back door because I did not want to walk him on cold days. He's so smart though. He knows I want him to pee and do his business outside; but, when I don't take him outside, he just looks at me and walks over to his pads. Now, that's housebroken:p

BTW, Good morning/afternoon my friends! We are expected to get to 17 degrees here in sunny Florida tonight/tomorrow. Right now, it's 32 degrees! Brrrrr....

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cici would have to be sick to go potty in the house at all. Ozzie on the other hand is old and is only tolerant of waiting so long. Cici gets really upset she sees you looking at her while she is doing her business. This morning she had a hard time because each time she would squat down something cold would smack her on the booty. So finally when she had found a spot where she could properly squat untouched I called her and looked at her. She finished her business but there was a shame that came over her. :p
Ozzie on the other hand pooped on the front porch which has the roof cover and he even peed off the side of the porch. I am pretty sure the snow is about as deep as he is tall.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When Ava was a puppy, we simply kept an eye on her and when she would get in position, as it were, we'd jump up an head to the door calling her very happy like. Then we'd praise her for going outside. She has never done here business in the house.
All that said, when it's raining, and I wake her up and open the back door, she'll take two steps out, feel the rain, and turn to come right back in. Lolling at you as if to say, “I don't need to go that bad!"

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Good news! Taylor and I both got phone calls to set up interviews at Microsoft. Our friend (former coworker of ours) just accepted a position, so we are optimistic. It'd be a really good thing for us financially...Tay would make a few extra bucks an hour, and my hourly pay would almost double and I'd get 15-30 more hours a week by becoming full time. We'd also get normal M-F hours and never work later than 6 PM. I'd probably keep a shift/week at Petco...make enough to pay for cat food and keep my discount.

I'm excited. :D :D :D

Also, does anyone have any tips on leaky clay dishes? I'm on my 4th one (bought from different locations) and every single one seeps water out the bottom. My substrate is soaked! Ughhhh.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Congrats on the Microsoft prospect. Can you locate maybe a glazed dish? That or a plastic one?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, most of us strive for a moist substrate. But if you don't want water to leak out of the saucer, then you'll have to buy one that is glazed on the outside. Or buy an orange plastic one. They look just like the clay saucers, but the plastic doesn't leak.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My idea exactly...a glazed dish will keep the water in.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Well there's moist and there's swampy, lol. I'll look for a glazed one. :)

Just set up both of our interviews. Yay! So excited. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
StarSapphire22 said:
Good news! Taylor and I both got phone calls to set up interviews at Microsoft. Our friend (former coworker of ours) just accepted a position, so we are optimistic. It'd be a really good thing for us financially...Tay would make a few extra bucks an hour, and my hourly pay would almost double and I'd get 15-30 more hours a week by becoming full time. We'd also get normal M-F hours and never work later than 6 PM. I'd probably keep a shift/week at Petco...make enough to pay for cat food and keep my discount.

I'm excited. :D :D :D

Also, does anyone have any tips on leaky clay dishes? I'm on my 4th one (bought from different locations) and every single one seeps water out the bottom. My substrate is soaked! Ughhhh.

Doing what at Microsoft? Congrats. My compadre that is doing my side development worked there for nine years. It's a great company. :D

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Nothing too techy...just inbound chat services. I've been thinking about going to school for game design-related programs though, so I think it could be a great stepping stone. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
StarSapphire22 said:
Nothing too techy...just inbound chat services. I've been thinking about going to school for game design-related programs though, so I think it could be a great stepping stone. :)

My cohort worked there on the xbox and the connect. ;) My husband always says what in the heck was he thinking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.