Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Tonight I won't be on too much. The BCS championship game is tonight and I'll be watching that. And how 'bout them 49ers!!! Poor Aaron Rodgers after the game said, “I thought the weather was supposed to win the game for us!"

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:
Poor doggies. I feel for 'em in this cold weather. It doesn't seem to bother Misty when there's frost on the ground. She just marches out there and does her business.

Do you have those doggie pads for the pups to use in the house? My daughter had to resort to them as one of her older dogs has become incontinent. She just goes when/wherever she feels like it. So she gets locked up in the laundry room over night with the whole floor covered in doggie pads.

The lab mix has no problems no matter the temps or snow depth. The terrier mix that goes with him loves loves snow. The older chi and the old terrier will walk so far and then start lifting up legs for Mom to carry them. Would not be bad, but my old one is quite a chunk. It's the small chi who has the worse time out there.

I have two very elderly dogs who can't seem to control themselves any more. The oldest one has been known to be sound asleep and suddenly be wetting herself. I am too cheap for pads, I just use newspapers in the small hallway area to the bathroom.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That said, tonight I'll be cooking up some chicken breasts and thighs, making gravy with mushrooms, chop the chicken, mix it all together and pour it over toast.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I made vegan shepards pie. Boca grounds, broccoli, peas, kosher seasoning, coconut oil, daiya cheese, potato, coconut milk and garlic. ;)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Ken, you know what I've been thinking? Who ever heard of a cowboy from Oregon?! Maybe one who heards tortoises :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tiffany, never heard of the Oregon trail
This is Monster, my old horse.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1389059169.267221.jpg
This is Frisco, Karen's old horse. ImageUploadedByTortForum1389059296.565843.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:
Tif, how is the sick tortoise doing?

The same. Sluggish, very little appetite, it may be in my imagination, but I think she's getting harder. I still continue on with the baby food soaks

Jacqui said:
Tif, how is the sick tortoise doing?

The same. Sluggish, very little appetite, it may be in my imagination, but I think she's getting harder. I still continue on with the baby food soaks

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
So I was bit by a rat at work and may or may not have rat bite fever. My manager, trying to stop me from panicking, says "Well if it makes you feel better, it's pretty uncommon in the US, and if you do have it, it's very easily treated. I mean, there's a small chance you got the fatal strain, but its only a small chance you could die." Yes. That makes me feel way better.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Lol! Some boss you have! Sorry you got bit. I have a scar from being attacked.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Tiffany, never heard of the Oregon trail

What's the Oregon trail? Cute horses! 'Monster' what I called my lizard.... he ran away :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm back. That was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Sibi, if you care, Florida state won the BCS championship game.

canicke

Re: waterproofing terra cotta: you might try spraying the outside of the saucer with clear rust o leum. Many plant stores also sell spray on ummm stuff. Let it dry and air out before putting vack in viv. Plastic works but doesnt have the texture of terra cotta

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning....

The rats sold as pets should not even have ever been exposed to the disease, so your safe.

canicke said:
Re: waterproofing terra cotta: you might try spraying the outside of the saucer with clear rust o leum. Many plant stores also sell spray on ummm stuff. Let it dry and air out before putting vack in viv. Plastic works but doesnt have the texture of terra cotta

I didn't think rustoleum was safe to use on human food dishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.