Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
I got a TDap shot yesterday and now my left arm is almost immobilized by soreness. Its kinda swollen too. Its cold. I can't feel my fingers.. I think outside is warmer than inside.
Burrrr...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anyone ever roast their veggies? I just love roasted carrots and sweet potatoes. You cut the veg up into bite-sized pieces, mix them all around in a bowl of olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped up green onions. Place them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 375 until they're brown and crispy on the outside. Yum!

Oh, and Jacqui: DTap = diphtheria, tetanus (lockjaw), and pertussis (whooping cough).

Used to be in the olden days we just got a tetanus shot. I guess now-a-days it comes all three in the same shot. (Good to know, because I'd sure hate to get whooping cough from a rat bite!!! )

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Buying a new, glazed dish will be cheaper than trying to waterproof the old one. They sell them at the 99 cents store.

Talking about rats, one crossed my path on the way to work last week. I thought I'd be more grossed out seeing a rat running around, but it was actually kinda cute. They're probably not cure when they're biting!

Sorry to hear about your rescue Tff. I hope he pulls through. Is it a baby? Whats its name?

*cute, not cure, lol.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I wouldn't normally be worried about getting sick, but something has been wrong with our last two shipments of mice and rats...the mice have been dropping like flies, and an unusual number of rats have been sick. I was bit by a sick rat...very thin, no appetite, low activity levels. It was getting it's first day of antibiotics when it bit me.

I will definitely be getting a glazed dish. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Yvonne G said:
Anyone ever roast their veggies? I just love roasted carrots and sweet potatoes. You cut the veg up into bite-sized pieces, mix them all around in a bowl of olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped up green onions. Place them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 375 until they're brown and crispy on the outside. Yum!

Oh, and Jacqui: DTap = diphtheria, tetanus (lockjaw), and pertussis (whooping cough).

Used to be in the olden days we just got a tetanus shot. I guess now-a-days it comes all three in the same shot. (Good to know, because I'd sure hate to get whooping cough from a rat bite!!! )

I like to roast and grill veggies. :) I do it all the time. I try to bake as much as possible since it's the lazy way to cook for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I never used to care for olive oil until I tried the veggies roasted in it. I still don't like it in some recipes, but I'm getting used to it.

I'm not a healthy eater. I just eat what I want. If it's gonna' kill me, so be it. I've enjoyed eating in the mean time! :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was always one to believe in quality over quanity, so I eat what I love even if it means I coulda had more days of life, but not enjoy them as much.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
:rolleyes: We are truly sisters under the skin!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
It prevents whooping cough mainly. Its not a complete tell shot. You still have to get one every 10 (?) years...

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
It prevents whooping cough mainly. Its not a complete tetanus shot. You still have to get one every 10 (?) years...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My granny Bouvier ate what she wanted, smoked all her life, and drank wine every day. She never exercised except when she was young, (50's) and traveling the world. She passed at 103. I'm following her lead under the delusion that these genes skip generations. That said, my mother passed with all 6 living. And we're still all here.

That's right, I said Bouvier, like Marge Simpson!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
And that scared everyone one off? What a bunch of light-weights.

You scared who off :p.
So tomorrow we will be a balmy 17 degrees. I might have to break out my swimsuit and run around the yard. Today I went to see about a quote to get my truck fixed since some fine citizen hit me in a parking lot and then didn't leave a note. Oh then as I was getting out to greet the gentleman giving me a quote and I stepped out of my truck and onto the step of my truck which was icy and went down and skidded across the parking lot on my back. I didn't even have time to grab the door so it was semi graceful. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It was funny because I didn't get hurt. I rocked and rolled on my back and the worst part was the grossness on my rear end

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
My rats are cute and don't bite :)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1389151375.142969.jpg
So cute with their beady peepers :p

Trying to stay warm here, it's down to 14 tonight so people are losing their minds, lol. It wasn't bad outside but this old house is struggling to stay at 60 and they expect blackouts tonight. The foster tort has buried itself deep and gave all the other critters extra bedding. I'm bundled up more so inside to watch a movie than I had to be outside!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1389151525.032397.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.