Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm! I had the day off and with the weather lately, I decided it was a stay home in my jammies day. My hardest decision was what video game to play. :p

Prepping for my interview tomorrow, then the interview itself on Thursday and a trip to buy Littlefoot's new water dish. I tried to figure out how to mount his new UV light fixture in his tank, and I am starting to seriously consider duct tape. I'm stumped.

Tay and I also briefly talked about renting a home if we get the new jobs...fingers crossed! Our apartment is shrinking, I swear. Not to mention it's old and crappy and shady. Plus...tort time outside in a yard! Woot woot.

Kim your rats are super cute! And no murderous gleams in their eyes, how refreshing. ;)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I always say, “If you can't fix it with duct tap, you're not trying hard enough!"
On a serious note, post a picture, and I can help you figure it out. I'm full of red neckery.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
They only have a murderous gleam for yogies... Or bacon! I had made some bacon and dropped a crumble so I gave it to the rats and they went berserk for it

Yesterday I made ham and bacon chowder, today was chicken cheese enchiladas.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1389156096.074933.jpg

I made lots so I'd have extra to freeze for later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rosie, in the first filming of the movie, “Wilard", they used peanut butter on the backside of sets to the rats to tear with gusto. Try that. It's fun. My first pets were rats.
Tiffany, yup by gumpers, I said Redneckery!!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
Tiffany, you are on your way to redneckonizing true genius. Lol.

You are too funny. I need to drag my butt outta bed and work out. The bed is so warm and cozy thou.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I work at a school and have not been to work since December 20. I'm so out of the routine...lol. Tomorrow will be rough going back.

This is our third day where they called off school. We were supposed to go back from break on Monday. This morning when I got the call my husband said "Really? Why are they calling off school today? It's not bad. It's 7 degrees out there and the windchill is only -10. I don't even need my gloves today."

He was totally serious, too.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning!​

... and just so Yvonne knows, this took me about 20 minutes to get to post. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Jacqui...I have to admire your dedication.

Is it that you live in a dead zone, air waves-wise? My IP comes through cables in the underground, so never a problem with service.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am not sure why it is. Mine comes in on the airwaves and I never get more then one bar. Speed within that one bar varies and like today it wasn't always enough to get entire pages to show before it would say it was done. It has now sped back up to the normal slow speed (the one where I can post something and before it shows me it's posted, somebody else can come along and respond to that post). I also wonder if the cold has anything to do with it?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
I always say, “If you can't fix it with duct tap, you're not trying hard enough!"
On a serious note, post a picture, and I can help you figure it out. I'm full of red neckery.

Ask and you shall receive! My tank has a makeshift plywood hood, with one long strip across the back and two hinged doors in front. The heat lamp is hanging from a cup hook on the back strip, towards the right end. I'd like to hang the UV light in the middle...preferably on the tanks support bar, but the back strip is ok too. The problem is, the fixture only has holes on the back side, which doesn't help me any trying to mount it to anything.

Here's my enclosure:
1389204650884.jpg

Some pics of the hood:
1389204690744.jpg
1389204706570.jpg

And the light fixture:
1389204741554.jpg
1389204759104.jpg
1389204779964.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Can you get an under the cabinet fixture from walmart or lowes? Those have holes on top for hanging

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jessica,
If you have access to a hardware store, you can find a wide selection of flat metal pieces with holes in them. For what you need, I think a piece 1"x5" would work. By drilling holes in the cross piece to match the holes in the metal piece, you can make a bracket that you would slid the light fixture in, (between the plastic cross bar and the metal part) tighten the nuts and bolts and it would be secure. I thought I had some laying around here and I was gonna give you pictures, but I couldn't find any. I hope this was clear enough, if not, ask and I'll work on making it clearer.

kesh2l

5 Year Member
Does anyone know what you feed baby three toed box turtles when they are born.

Status
Not open for further replies.