Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Taylor just made me nachos. What a winner I picked, you guys. He knows how to treat a lady. Well, woman. Well, me...this...female-ish thing.

Tonight, Karen got off work early. Normally, I have the gate open for her, but I was unaware she was coming home early, so the gate was closed. When she got to the house, she told me she said to herself, “Wait, I've got to open the gate? I am spoiled!" I hope all of my friends here have found men that spoil them as they should be spoiled.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aw...how sweet. It seems like my whole life revolves around caring for others that I don't know how to handle it when (by chance) someone spoils me. I'm quite content to care and spoil others, but it would be nice to feel like a queen for a day :(
Cowboy_Ken said:
Taylor just made me nachos. What a winner I picked, you guys. He knows how to treat a lady. Well, woman. Well, me...this...female-ish thing.

Tonight, Karen got off work early. Normally, I have the gate open for her, but I was unaware she was coming home early, so the gate was closed. When she got to the house, she told me she said to herself, “Wait, I've got to open the gate? I am spoiled!" I hope all of my friends here have found men that spoil them as they should be spoiled.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, stop the sweet stuff, as a man, I feel this is how women and children and the elderly need treating. And if a man ain't up to the challenge, it's time for him to stand aside, for a real man to step in. And remember, I say this as a puss that tears up and cries when talking about my mom or my first dog.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Interviews are in less than 12 hours. I'm terrified. These jobs could seriously turn our life around. I'm pretty confident we'll get it...but I don't know if I'm more nervous about the interview/not getting the job or all the changes that will come after we get it. Who's scared to not be broke and live in a ghetto apartment anymore? Maybe I'm broken.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You've never had a conversation with me. Sandy knows me, I'm all about the first impression of an interview, they love me. Do they hire me? No. It's like why have Gordon Ramsey comment to your restaurant if you really don't want the help. Let them know what a people person you are, and you will rock it!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Just go in with confidence. Bosses want people who are willing to learn and willing to work hard. Remember dress the part. Be professional and polite.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Good luck on your interviews! I'm sure you'll both rock them.

Good morning everybody! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][HOT BEVERAGE]️

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
May your morning be good and the rest of your day even better!

Good luck with the interviews. I haven't done a lot of interviews, but for me the ones I did good at I never get the job. The ones I suck at I get a job offer. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well first sigh of relief, Jeff's Onocology appt went well. Of course in three months they want another scan done. :( I worked so hard to get all the medical bills paid so I could start the year off without any and in three months I get to be having more major ones to work with. I am such a lucky lucky person! :rolleyes: The end of March, Jeff's help with his pills ends. No grant money is out there for GIST cancer, so sure hope the drug company is once more feeling generous....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sending good vibes your way that Jeff is not going to be needing his meds after March.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:
Sending good vibes your way that Jeff is not going to be needing his meds after March.

The chemo will be for the rest of his life. It's the only thing keeping his type of cancer at bay.

Good news he passed the physical, so he is good for another year of driving! :D

StarSapphire22 said:
I think my interview went really well! Taylor just went in for his. :D

That's great!! Now for the next step to happen.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

StarSapphire22 said:
The rat that bit me tested positive for rat bite fever. Off to the hospital I go.

What will cure it?

WE HAVE SUCCESS! The baby food soaks have been paying off! I got the baby to eat! She ate a bit of mazuri and some weeds. :D
The twins, ate THIRTEEN pellets each! It was amazing!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
StarSapphire22 said:
The rat that bit me tested positive for rat bite fever. Off to the hospital I go.

Wow, what are the chances? What a bummer! So whats the treatment for rat bite fever? I hope its not like rabies where you get a bunch of shots.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I had a friend get rat bite fever and the dr's were stumped by her sudden onset of fever and difficulty walking. They were treating her for meningitis and she kept getting worse before they realized, oh she rescues rats so she might have something from them.

Hope it's nothing too serious and your Microsoft job works out!

I'm closing as front lane manager for the first time tonight annnd I'm ready for a new job I think. I am getting to the point where I just don't enjoy it and don't think I can mentally stand another holiday season in retail. I always feel like I need a break even when I've just got to work or just got back from time off. It's burning me out...

Boyfriend said I should take baking classes since I'm good at it (just need practice cake decorating).

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Sooo yesterday I got the news that I will be doing a tour with a big data provider. I am kind of excited. I will be speaking at some of the top fortune 500 companies on behalf of my company and our partner. Then today I find out I am also going off to Germany for two weeks after that. I have been to Koln many times. Are there any tortoise forum people from Koln? :D Out my eastern tour is taking me back to Wilmington where I am hosting a session at our Wilmington office and then to Philly.
I also got a job offer in Tel Aviv. I had to say no... I should have held out to see if they'd fly me in for an interview.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
In the er...boo. either a reaction to the antibiotics or rat bite fever, no one has really talked to us or done any tests yet.

I hate needles. There's one in my arm. Not happy.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Aaaand it's rat bite fever. Out of the handful of documented cases each year, I get to be one of them. How lucky am I.

Discharged and home now...gotta get more meds in the morning. This antinausea med is my best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.