Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Just think though Jessica, some young doctor may get to write up a report and be published from this. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
StarSapphire22 said:
The rat that bit me tested positive for rat bite fever. Off to the hospital I go.

So did the company then kill all the remaining animals, both at your place and the main warehouse? Maybe find a new supplier, because now if anybody else gets sick any where within the chain, they have proof it could have come from your company and sue.

tffnytorts said:
WE HAVE SUCCESS! The baby food soaks have been paying off! I got the baby to eat! She ate a bit of mazuri and some weeds. :D
The twins, ate THIRTEEN pellets each! It was amazing!

What great great news!!!!!

Kerryann fantastic news!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Jacqui, should I still continue the baby food soaks? I feel like she could be harder, but she has progressed. And! I added tons of awesome weeds (that were found in my pesticide free yard) and planted them in her quarenteen tank. And YES. They're all in one tank. I had to pull out some of the coco coir in the other enclosure, so the twins got to visit.

Attachments

• 1389394342520.jpg
    1389394342520.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 14

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'm sure one of the other confirmed cases was my friend in Washington. Hope you feel better soon! Since it happened at work do you get workers comp?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I just copy and pasted
"" Your tortoise is so cute! You should join Tortoise Forum and meet (me) and a bunch of really nice, funny people who talk about tortoises and almost all animals! Its free too! Use the link in my bio to sign up! I'm known there as tffnytorts. I cant wait to see you there! ""
All over instagram. I searched #sulcata and HUNDREDS of torts in horrible conditions. Hopefully I'll get some referrals too ;):p:cool::rolleyes::D

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Well, I finally got the rescue River Cooter to eat! I moved her from her kiddy pool to a deep Rubbermaid tub, so she has less space but much deeper water, and I covered her with a towel so it's dark and private.

All the worms and floating pellets are gone. FINALLY!!
Now, to find her a home. Is anyone here interested in a female Cooter? She's full grown, prob 15-20 years old. Rather large. She's outgoing, likes chin scratches, and goes NUTZ for shell scritchies
. I've never had a turtle so fun to work with. Hard to let her go, but I don't have proper space for a water turtle.

She's free, I'm happy to ship if someone covers the cost. I'd pay if it wasn't so broke. But after loosing so many hours for thanksgiving and Christmas, I can't afford to spell my own name! LOL

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Woohoo!! Success is sweet. Sandy, I'd take her, but I couldn't explain turning the bathtub into an enclosure :D

We haven't heard much from you recently...

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Yes, I get worker's comp to cover medical expenses. That rat will be euthanized for sure, I don't know about anything else.

And, as if my week could get any worse...we heard back from Microsoft...we didn't get the jobs. I'm feeling pretty down today. And, I have to go in for a full 8 hour shift tomorrow...and it's an early one. I really just wanna crawl into bed and cry right now. I worked on Littlefoot's enclosure instead. Got him a new water dish and a tiny little tree and changed out a lot of his swampy substrate and put in new moss and installed a new light. I love that little guy. He makes me so happy and I love working on his enclosure. Those two hours of work were really able to take my mind of things for a little while. Now it's back to reality. :(

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Aww... I'm sorry to hear you're not having the best days... Another, better job will come up. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Happy Friday everyone :)
Today was a fiasco... I had a great morning where I sold some awesome work and was so excited. Then it all went downhill and it was like one fiasco after the next. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Holy crap you guys!!!! Karen just went out to have a smoke, and little Benito our MIA kitty is here. I had even excepted reality and changed my signature line. He looks great, he's even gained weight. After he eats, we probably won't see him got another 3 months.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tffnytorts said:
Jacqui, should I still continue the baby food soaks? I feel like she could be harder, but she has progressed. And! I added tons of awesome weeds (that were found in my pesticide free yard) and planted them in her quarenteen tank. And YES. They're all in one tank. I had to pull out some of the coco coir in the other enclosure, so the twins got to visit.

Yes continue with the soaks, they won't do any harm and it would be so easy at this point for her to slide backwards.

Let's see if I can keep this straight....

Sorry Jessica on not getting the job. Plus ALL those rats and mice need to be killed so that they don't spread the disease and those enclosures super cleaned.

Kerryann life always seems to balance out those great moments with not so great ones to keep us grounded and to keep the great times meaning so much more to us.

Ken, so glad the cat came back!

Know what time it is? It's...

Good morning time!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Aww... His legs are so stalk-y!!! What a cute kitty.

Jacqui said:
tffnytorts said:

Yes continue with the soaks, they won't do any harm and it would be so easy at this point for her to slide backwards.

Okay. I have to go buy more baby food! :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

If only he could talk...

Sandy how is John doing? Wonder what shipping would be on such a turtle.

Tif not sure which turns out cheaper or if time is an issue for you, but you could also blend up either canned carrots or cooked frozen ones instead of the baby food. Just be sure they don't have added stuff, like salt.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Its probably cheaper to buy the little things of Gerber. My mom works at CVS so i get a discount :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
tffnytorts said:

Let's see if I can keep this straight....

Sorry Jessica on not getting the job. Plus ALL those rats and mice need to be killed so that they don't spread the disease and those enclosures super cleaned.

Kerryann life always seems to balance out those great moments with not so great ones to keep us grounded and to keep the great times meaning so much more to us.

Ken, so glad the cat came back!

Know what time it is? It's...

Good morning time!!

It's like getting slapped in the face with reality for sure. I was just irritated yesterday afternoon because I kept having to move my schedule around to accommodate my boss and I had two of my people who needed things from me and I felt like I wasn't as helpful as I should have been. I had a meeting with a company that put a lot of work into building out scenarios for new phone systems and I had to delegate that meeting to an employee. I know the vendor wasn't happy. I did sit through enough to see their scenarios and tell them how impressed I was with the hard work. Then I had another employee I had to take to a client site to get access set up and we ran late there and it was hard to get her access because it was so late in the day. Then I had another employee waiting on me to get back from that because he wanted his review. I wanted to go home to get ready for the company holiday party that i cannot skip. So I went back late, made him late, made myself late, didn't eat anything at all. I suppose when I write it all down it wasn't so awful. :p
Being a perfectionist is hard..........

oh and good morning everyone

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Being a perfectionist is hard..........

Yes it is and sadly it can take away a lot of the happiness and pleasure you get from the things you do. Not saying to stop doing things as well as they can be, but try to be nicer to yourself and let things go. Some days you just can't be all that you can be, even if you were in the army, so allow yourself some non perfectionist time too..

Status
Not open for further replies.