Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
Being a perfectionist is hard..........

Yes it is and sadly it can take away a lot of the happiness and pleasure you get from the things you do. Not saying to stop doing things as well as they can be, but try to be nicer to yourself and let things go. Some days you just can't be all that you can be, even if you were in the army, so allow yourself some non perfectionist time too..

I tell myself that it's a compulsion. :p
I am sitting here doing absolutely nothing this morning. Mikey made us steel cut oats for breakfast.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I just noticed I'm almost at a month of time I've spent on the forum.... Hmm... I've been a member since only June 23, its been roughly half a year.. that means going at this rate, I'm using a third of my year on here!
My mathematical reasoning-
Time on TFO : Months in the year
1 month : 6 months
2 : 12

So two sixth or one third yearly! Thats insane... :cool:

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Jacqui said:
Sandy how is John doing? Wonder what shipping would be on such a turtle.

John is a mess. Beyond stressed out and even while recovering from his surgery, they have him doing more administrative duties than a healthy human can do in a day. Plus his family is putting pressure on him for other reasons, and he's not heard back from US air about jobs (but, as I pointed out to him, he's not received a rejection letter, either...so I consider that "good news").

We tried to come up with a time for me to come out, but between his schedule and mine, plus stupid expensive tickets to ICT, just can't swing it now. Maybe next time he's parked with a jet for a few days I can see him there, usually those are major hub cities like DEN, where I can get there for $99 on one plane, vs $700 on four to ICT.

Shipping a large water turtle would prob be $50-$60 ish.

I miss you guys. My life has gotten particularly complicated since mid December. Still no end in sight. Just laying low, and trying to relax.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Best wishes to John for a speedy recovery [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

How is Oliver? I am still amazed at how big he is and that mine could possibly be that big someday [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I just realized that my ""little"" Shellvester weighs as much as my smallest russian :D almost a half pound!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Oliver and I watched two episodes of Greys Anatomy this afternoon. He's such a laid back guy.

Hey, who's all coming to the Portland Reptile Expo?
http://www.nwreptileexpos.com/portland-metro-reptile-expo/

I'm showing client dogs at 8:00 and 11:30, so I'm planning to get there around 12:30
Is that a good time to meet in the hotel lounge for lunch, beverages and chit chat?

Noel? Ken? Anyone? Beuller...Beuller??...

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Oliver and I watched two episodes of Greys Anatomy this afternoon. He's such a laid back guy.

Awwwwwwwww! That reminds me of my Maine coon named Suki I used to have. He'd sit down next to me on the sofa (like a human would with his back legs out in front) and watch TV or a movie with me. I miss him [DISAPPOINTED FACE] had to rehome him because my asthma got progressively worse with him around.

I made coffee ice cream from scratch tonight [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] I'm gonna get so fat. Sometimes I hate knowing how to cook/bake really tasty stuff.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
tffnytorts said:
Portland is about 14 hours to far :D

And your point???

*insert sarcasm*

Sure ken! Sandy, I'll start walking now, and will arrive by the 16th! Gas is expensive!

:rolleyes: **rolls eyes**

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
tffnytorts said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
tffnytorts said:
Portland is about 14 hours to far :D

And your point???

*insert sarcasm*

Sure ken! Sandy, I'll start walking now, and will arrive by the 16th! Gas is expensive!

:rolleyes: **rolls eyes**

I'd lend you my 2 sulcatas to add to your hitch for your tort-powered sled, but they are lazy [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
if you stuck a piece of food out on a string in front of betty and hitched her to a cart you'd get pretty far.. well she's a russian so you probably wouldn't move but she'd try. :D
I had eggnog froyo tonight. They made it special for me because I begged. I said pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaseee don't make me eat the 650 calorie garbage from mcds.
Oh in related news to that some of the work I am pitching out east is for one of the big food companies that does the genetic modifications.... I am conflicted. :shy::(

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Is my app being weird, or is no one talking this fine morning? I dont see any posts besides my last one from last night.... Weirdness :huh::exclamation:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann posted after you. No one is on because of NFL playoffs. Go Niners. Here is Baxster after taking over Ava's dog bed…he looks worried, right?
ImageUploadedByTortForum1389554893.294645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Hmm.... don't see it.
He looks like he's up to something... Or maybe that's a "rub my belly or I'll attack you" look. Oscar had that look on him ALL the time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Another little bit of sarcasm on the Cowboy's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.