Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
kesh2l said:
Does anyone know what you feed baby three toed box turtles when they are born.

The black worms/tubifex worms that are sold for aquarium fish. Teeny, tiny meal worms. Cut up night crawlers. Chopped up fruits and veggies. Trout chow (soaked).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tomorrow Jeff will have his Dr appt, then go do his driving physical (keep fingers crossed he will pass), then get his new license (yearly) and then....... I get to see my hubby!! Fri is another Dr appt and most likely he will leave either Fri night or Sat.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wait? Are you saying Jeff gets to be home, like overnight Thursday? Sound go. What's for dinner? That chicken crap on toast I made was good by the way.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes he gets to be home Thursday night. Jeff isn't the type you can plan on cooking for, he may be hungry or may not. Now with only having his few teeth left (seven is it and only on top?) I am not sure what he is up to eating. If he had come home tonight and both of us gone to Lincoln in the morning then we would have had a meal at one of our favorite places. :(

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Cowboy_Ken said:
I like the fish on the background. Lol.

Littlefoot doesn't. I catch him giving them the stinkeye now and then. XD

This tank used to house my fancy goldfish...figured I'd leave the background up for now. My mom (who owns her own printing business) is making me a more tort appropriate one, but IDK when I will get it. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Some of the animals know Jeff and some don't, mainly the younger ones. The way it will work is by the time Jeff gets home (because he will be up all night playing musical trailers) he will go online for a couple of hours and then go to sleep. Most of the "our" time will be driving to and from his local Dr appt on Friday and then our meal time. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
StarSapphire22 said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
I like the fish on the background. Lol.

Littlefoot doesn't. I catch him giving them the stinkeye now and then. XD

This tank used to house my fancy goldfish...figured I'd leave the background up for now. My mom (who owns her own printing business) is making me a more tort appropriate one, but IDK when I will get it. :p

Stinkeye is a tortoise thing sometimes. Betty is always giving someone the stink eye. Henry on the other hand only gives me the stink eye when I put the white stuff on his food.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Some of the animals know Jeff and some don't, mainly the younger ones. The way it will work is by the time Jeff gets home (because he will be up all night playing musical trailers) he will go online for a couple of hours and then go to sleep. Most of the "our" time will be driving to and from his local Dr appt on Friday and then our meal time. :(

Awww but its better than nothing :(

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
So, Taylor and I have decided that, provided we get the microsoft jobs (which we are pretty confident about), we are going to rent a house with one of our best friends. Maybe a step backwards on the "being an independent adult" timeline, but it makes a lot of sense for us right now. Plus it would be nice to be out of this apartment, and live closer to the microsoft campus...with the extra income from the job, we can afford it. I'm really excited! :D

Problem is, we have 3 cats and a tortoise, and our friend will have one or two dogs with him (one might stay with his family). Hard to find a rental with such a lenient pet policy. EEK.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Does anyone else feel like this week is moving very slowly!? Tomorrow is going to be a LONG day....
**cringes**

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It's been a looooong week, for sure. With temps at 17 degrees on Monday night, and temps at 23 degrees on Tuesday night with the high of a sunny 37 degrees here, I could be living in New York and experience the same thing! This morning, I had a stress test appt at 9 am. It was 31 degrees, and as I was driving down a street, I saw this:

WP_001614.jpg

In 25 years of living in Florida, I had never seen anything like this except in Disneyland. Florida had become the new North Pole Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, is that a fountain that had frozen, or broken water pipes spraying water that froze? Did you get your Marky email?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It was a sprinkler pipe that burst. In fact, this morning, the water was still gushing out. It was 31 degrees and the water was just adding layers of ice over ice. Wild!
Yes, I received the email. You are so sweet to be sending my pics of Marky. You've got the most adorable cat I've seen in a long time. I hope one day, I'll be able to visit and see him for myself. Thanks.
Cowboy_Ken said:
Sibi, is that a fountain that had frozen, or broken water pipes spraying water that froze? Did you get your Marky email?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Sibi that picture is soooo cool!!!! :eek:

But can I just point out, that you can't be the new north pole with leaves still on your trees!!! :p

Taylor just made me nachos. What a winner I picked, you guys. He knows how to treat a lady. Well, woman. Well, me...this...female-ish thing. :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So long as he makes you happy, that's what matters. Nachos, humm, well maybe you do have a winner that:p
StarSapphire22 said:
Sibi that picture is soooo cool!!!! :eek:

But can I just point out, that you can't be the new north pole with leaves still on your trees!!! :p

Taylor just made me nachos. What a winner I picked, you guys. He knows how to treat a lady. Well, woman. Well, me...this...female-ish thing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.