Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I didn't think there was anything worse than writing a resume. I was wrong writing a cover letter is a lot worse...it's hard to promote yourself in a positive and professional manner when all you want to do is make sarcastic comments...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sulcata tortoise665 said:
Good morning

Morning back at you! :D

Thalatte said:
I didn't think there was anything worse than writing a resume. I was wrong writing a cover letter is a lot worse...it's hard to promote yourself in a positive and professional manner when all you want to do is make sarcastic comments...

I agree! I really don't like this new way of doing applications for jobs. I am never sure the email goes through and I just like it so much easier to fill out the old job forms.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cowboy_Ken said:
Nice hats. I think the “fake" Easter bunny is lucky it wasn't wearing goggles!

Yvonne, did you see the grant opportunity that I posted in personal promo section? I'm serious that I think you should go for it!!!!

Nah...I have no ambition or inclination for that kind of stuff. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Good morning

Good morning! Its nice to see new faces here in the chat room. I hope you stick around.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank you

No, thank you for joining us! So what is happening in your little slice of the world?

Here it was funny, the sky was cloudy as usual and we are under a snow watch. I went into the nieghbor's house and let her three dogs out. At that point not a snowflake in sight and I was starting to wonder about the forecast. By the time I came back around to the back door of her house to go make my calls, it was a mini blizzard. :D Tiny tiny flakes, but a solid wall of them. So far the snow is not staying except in hidey holes of the grass.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am back to the point where my brain hurts so bad that doing the extra duties may be in order :(
I am takng mikey shopping for a bit

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi everyone :) I'm sorry I seem to be in and out a lot my schedule is pretty crazy.. try to get on the forum as much as I can :) saying Hi from Canada today :D How is everyone today?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:

Am I the only one who had visions of Kerryann slapping her thighs with a whip, with her boots on and then poor Mikey with his bit that they are shopping for today... :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Chainsawkitten said:
Hi everyone :) I'm sorry I seem to be in and out a lot my schedule is pretty crazy.. try to get on the forum as much as I can :) saying Hi from Canada today :D How is everyone today?

How long will you be in Canada?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Thank you

No, thank you for joining us! So what is happening in your little slice of the world?

Here it was funny, the sky was cloudy as usual and we are under a snow watch. I went into the nieghbor's house and let her three dogs out. At that point not a snowflake in sight and I was starting to wonder about the forecast. By the time I came back around to the back door of her house to go make my calls, it was a mini blizzard. :D Tiny tiny flakes, but a solid wall of them. So far the snow is not staying except in hidey holes of the grass.

Is it still snowing? We are supposed to get snow on Monday, Uggg!!

Dagny's leash came undone when I was taking her outside to go potty and she realized it and ran around the yard like a maniac and would even run near me and then jump out of my grasp. Then just when she was about to bolt to the front yard she abruptly stopped to do her business so I was able to catch her. But it was so scary because I was so panicky because I could not get her if I wanted to!! I am not used to that because Reagan is so slow!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

Am I the only one who had visions of Kerryann slapping her thighs with a whip, with her boots on and then poor Mikey with his bit that they are shopping for today... :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Chainsawkitten said:

How long will you be in Canada?

you know it :)

Where in Canada. The good news is that it's passover soon so I think my client ahem.. will be out of pocket for a few days :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't you just hate the chase-me-chase-me game? Misty is like that too when she doesn't want to be caught.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

I was not picturing this, but I am now!!

emysemys said:
Don't you just hate the chase-me-chase-me game? Misty is like that too when she doesn't want to be caught.

Yes!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Does it count as exercising if I am eating ice cream and watching the insanity workout discs?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Does it count as exercising if I am eating ice cream and watching the insanity workout discs?

I have been slacking on Insanity! It is so hard to be motivated when it feels like the middle of winter!! My friend uses a personal trainer to get her butt in shape before we all spend our days in our bathing suits at our local lake and I saw her running with him today and was thinking uh oh.....

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Thalatte said:

I have been slacking on Insanity! It is so hard to be motivated when it feels like the middle of winter!! My friend uses a personal trainer to get her butt in shape before we all spend our days in our bathing suits at our local lake and I saw her running with him today and was thinking uh oh.....
It's so cold for running still :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:
Thalatte said:

I like Zumba and the elliptical but otherwise I don't exercise. Especially insanity as that is just too hard on my knees.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Thalatte said:

I like Zumba and the elliptical but otherwise I don't exercise. Especially insanity as that is just too hard on my knees.

Omg, we could be work out buddies!! The only thing I use at the gym is the elliptical and they have the row of elipticals facing the weights so its a nice view too. My daughter and I take a Zumba class on Minday nights together. It's so much fun, I love Zumba!!

Status
Not open for further replies.