Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Are you sure it is psoriasis and not shingles? I only ask because people who have autoimmune diseases can be prone to other issues and shingles has been terrible this year.

Yes I am sure.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Are you sure it is psoriasis and not shingles? I only ask because people who have autoimmune diseases can be prone to other issues and shingles has been terrible this year.

Yes I am sure.

Sorry, you have to deal with that, I will pass anything on that works for Rob. The sun helps him a lot but it is not very sunny here and when it is he is working:(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease, and the most you can do is ease the flare-ups, itch, and pain. You can use powerful steroids, or products that can ease the itch like tecneu, gold bond power or cream, or tea tree oil. Taking oatmeal baths give brief relief, and witch hazel can take the itch away for a while. But, all these products are temporary. If you ha e a real bad case, you may need to use steroids until it gets under control. After that, keeping stress at a minimum is key to keeping it under control.

My husband's hairdresser brought a product from Korea that's suppose to be excellent for psoriasis. Since my husband doesn't do steroids, he won't use it. It's brand new and he just got it last week. But, if you want it, I can send it to you. You can save yourself a lot of mo et not having to buy a script of steroid cream. I know how expensive it could be.

Do you think she'll ask you to help her out when she gets home? Maybe, the best thing she could do is to stay with her son until she can make use of her hands again.
Jacqui said:
:D Except I don't feed them. :D She has a big pot on the floor with their food in it. It will last them a month I bet. :D :D

Yeah I feel a bit sorry for her for both hands being done. I have a hard time figuring how she is going to be driving home (about 2.5 hrs) and then once home taking care of herself and the dogs.

Yeah, I just remembered that I had a friend who had a really bad case and he use to have uvb treatments. It really, really worked!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Sorry, you have to deal with that, I will pass anything on that works for Rob. The sun helps him a lot but it is not very sunny here and when it is he is working:(

:D On any of the sunny days we have been having, I have been out getting as much sun as I can with the tortoises. I told Jeff I was going to start getting under the UVB lights with them, too. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

:D On any of the sunny days we have been having, I have been out getting as much sun as I can with the tortoises. I told Jeff I was going to start getting under the UVB lights with them, too. :D
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. That, and some cream was the winning number.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease, and the most you can do is ease the flare-ups, itch, and pain. You can use powerful steroids, or products that can ease the itch like tecneu, gold bond power or cream, or tea tree oil. Taking oatmeal baths give brief relief, and witch hazel can take the itch away for a while. But, all these products are temporary. If you ha e a real bad case, you may need to use steroids until it gets under control. After that, keeping stress at a minimum is key to keeping it under control.

My husband's hairdresser brought a product from Korea that's suppose to be excellent for psoriasis. Since my husband doesn't do steroids, he won't use it. It's brand new and he just got it last week. But, if you want it, I can send it to you. You can save yourself a lot of mo et not having to buy a script of steroid cream. I know how expensive it could be.

Do you think she'll ask you to help her out when she gets home? Maybe, the best thing she could do is to stay with her son until she can make use of her hands again.

:D I am not sure how long her son can put up with her. :D I already get her mail and pick up her pills for her. We do her yardwork, too. Once the hands are done, she is having her feet worked on next.

At this point, I am doing anything and everything. The vinegar baths aren't too bad, but the bleach ones suck. I hate that smell. :D I am doing as much as I can to relieve the stress. I am a worrier, so I make stress worse on myself.

sibi said:
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. That, and some cream was the winning number.

In the past, sun has not been a lot of help to me, but I keep giving it a shot. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
My husband's hairdresser

Back up the truck!!!!! Hairdresser? Sibi say its not so! Are the gravy boats really a birthday gift?
…did I just post too much?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Why do you worry so much? You know that worrying doesn't solve or make anything better. There are things that people naturally worry about but worrying about just about everything isn't doing you any good. Can you try meditation exercises? Stop thinking so much. I use to be like that too. It just makes you crazy and you never allow the brain to relax properly.
Jacqui said:
sibi said:

:D I am not sure how long her son can put up with her. :D I already get her mail and pick up her pills for her. We do her yardwork, too. Once the hands are done, she is having her feet worked on next.

At this point, I am doing anything and everything. The vinegar baths aren't too bad, but the bleach ones suck. I hate that smell. :D I am doing as much as I can to relieve the stress. I am a worrier, so I make stress worse on myself.

sibi said:

In the past, sun has not been a lot of help to me, but I keep giving it a shot. :D

You're such a spaz. What, my husband can't have a hairdresser? :-D

Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:
My husband's hairdresser

Back up the truck!!!!! Hairdresser? Sibi say its not so! Are the gravy boats really a birthday gift?
…did I just post too much?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
I am making progress with the three dogs I am babysitting. Today I finally got all three of them to come to the chair, when I am sitting. They even all cuddled up and slept around me on the chair. Now if I could just get them to quit attacking me when I come in the door, let them out the door to their yard to go potty and when I leave to go home. The one is no problem, but the two newer ones sorta feed off of each other and get excited with the door, then they do the run in a nip the pant leg thing. I did learn their owner is getting surgery in both hands on Monday.

Oh boy! That would make it really hard to look after dogs!

Rob told me today that Dagny is too big to sleep in our bed anymore and when we move to the new house I better have her trained to sleep in a different bed:(. I love sleeping with Dagny, she is so warm and sweet, so I am a little bummed.
I would be sad too if I couldn't sleep with cici anymore :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
I am making progress with the three dogs I am babysitting. Today I finally got all three of them to come to the chair, when I am sitting. They even all cuddled up and slept around me on the chair. Now if I could just get them to quit attacking me when I come in the door, let them out the door to their yard to go potty and when I leave to go home. The one is no problem, but the two newer ones sorta feed off of each other and get excited with the door, then they do the run in a nip the pant leg thing. I did learn their owner is getting surgery in both hands on Monday.

Rob told me today that Dagny is too big to sleep in our bed anymore and when we move to the new house I better have her trained to sleep in a different bed:(. I love sleeping with Dagny, she is so warm and sweet, so I am a little bummed.

I meant to comment on that too. Erin, it's so sad for Dagny. She doesn't understand why she can't sleep with you anymore. Perhaps, Rob could be persuaded to let her sleep in a folding bed next to you. It's because you have a smaller bed?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
So after hours and hours of looking at logs I think I found something to help the client diagnose his issues. I hope the issue doesn't show up again but at least we know what happened to set it off today repeatedly. I suppose my persistance is why I am in my position and get paid the mediocre bucks but probably also why I stress so much and work so much. :p:D

Okay sooo how are you all doin tonight??? ;)
I think my stress level has been contributing to my hives for sure. I don't know why I get like this but I think its just a side benefit of being an extreme type A and DISC type C personality. :rolleyes: Besides, what would I do with all of my free time if I didn't stress and obsess.. hey and that kinda rhymed so I am also a poet and didn't know it. :p

Actually I am lucky that I am married to a workaholic because he didn't even whimper today about my soul being eaten.

sibi said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:

I meant to comment on that too. Erin, it's so sad for Dagny. She doesn't understand why she can't sleep with you anymore. Perhaps, Rob could be persuaded to let her sleep in a folding bed next to you. It's because you have a smaller bed?

You just need a bigger bed. We bought a king size bed when cici started cramping our style. I always say he can't invade my territory because I have my maginot line of dogs. It's a pretty weak defense against invasion but it's warm and makes you feel cozy. :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow Kerryann. If you continue doing what you're doing, you may not live long. My hubby is a strong type C personality too. I'm a type D personality. I've mellowed down quite a bit though. He's a perfectionist for sure. He can drive me nuts at times. If you keep stressing, your hives are going to become worse, and trigger something else in your body that you may not like.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Karen suffers from what I call type a personality defect. She's always busy, and I'm all about just looking at the world...

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'd like to win the lottery. What I get after taxes I'd either use to invest or put a down payment on a house!

Tomorrow I'm selling off a spare cage I don't use and buying paint for my planter boxes. Once they cure I can plant! I'm leaning towards geraniums since I've always liked them. Maybe mix in some herbs and other plants too.

And I think I always sell stuff I don't need because I grew up with my dad being a semi hoarder. He'd forget what he had or be unable to find it and just rebuy it...

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
What are all these lettered type personalities??
Morning or evening btw depending on where ya all are :) I must go sleep soon its 4.45am aaah I got carried away day dreaming of building a new enclosure lol

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Wow Kerryann. If you continue doing what you're doing, you may not live long. My hubby is a strong type C personality too. I'm a type D personality. I've mellowed down quite a bit though. He's a perfectionist for sure. He can drive me nuts at times. If you keep stressing, your hives are going to become worse, and trigger something else in your body that you may not like.

I actually need to take some time off work and I know it. I am getting to the point where I have to take at least a day off and enjoy myself and have a girls day... maybe a facial, mani, pedi and a hair cut. :D Maybe a nice lunch and some retail therapy too.. that's how I relax and I haven't done very much of it this year so far. A type C and type D would drive each other insane I think hhahah.. but Mike is a serious type C/D which is a weird combo.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Karen suffers from what I call type a personality defect. She's always busy, and I'm all about just looking at the world...
I am a busy girl too. Today during my "downtime" I made dinner, did laundry, and then cleaned some.
laney said:
Morning or evening btw depending on where ya all are :) I must go sleep soon its 4.45am aaah I got carried away day dreaming of building a new enclosure lol

DISC is a personality type that is different than the typical A/B personality.
I was trying to write it up but putting an unfair C slant on it:

Dominance: Direct, decisive independent and to the point. Bottom line and results oriented. They are often strong-willed, enjoy challenges and immediate results.

•
Influence: Optimistic, social and out going. They enjoy being on teams, sharing openly, entertaining and motivating others.

•
Steadiness: A team players, cooperative and supportive of others. They prefer being in the background, working in a stable environment. They are often good listeners prefer to avoid conflict and change.

•
Conscientiousness: Cautious and Concerned. They are focused on quality, details and accuracy.

We were profiled last year in our leadership class. Did I meantion I have leadership classes on Wednesday. I am soo excited.. I love these classes and exercises.. yes I am a nerd. :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
DISC are the four types of personalities that a person has or displays. Kerrann is a type C which conscientiousness. They tend to be perfectionist. I'm a D which is dominant, and they tent to be direct, daring, domineering, decisive, etc. There are two other types, I and S.
I is influence and S is steadiness.

laney said:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You may want to keep the plant where the torts can't get to it or else the plant will be dead before it can even flower.
Cowboy_Ken said:
RosieRedfoot said:
I'm leaning towards geraniums since I've always liked them.

Good call. Tortoises can eat them as well!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
You may want to keep the plant where the torts can't get to it or else the plant will be dead before it can even flower.
Cowboy_Ken said:
RosieRedfoot said:
I'm leaning towards geraniums since I've always liked them.

Good call. Tortoises can eat them as well!

Not really dead, just severely pruned! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.