Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
CourtneyAndCarl said:
My half-wit leopard gecko ate all of his crickets without any help from me tonight... I'm so proud :')

No help from you? So what, now you have to eat popcorn as a snack?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Cowboy_Ken said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:
My half-wit leopard gecko ate all of his crickets without any help from me tonight... I'm so proud :')

No, I'm still helping the froggies with theirs ;) Plenty for all of us!

I've had the leo for almost 2 years and since he is not, and probably never has been or will be, "all there"... I usually have to either rip the legs off of the crickets,mor just hold them in front of his face so he can grab them out of my fingers... but tonight he caught 'em all just fine without help! Go Teegee!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aww. I love little critters that have something wrong with them. To hear any improvement warms my heart. Good for you guys.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm done tonight folks. Sunday brings blue skies and maybe 60's. I've get,to enlarge the russians outdoor pen and I plan on completing it Sunday. Going from 10'x30' to an added L shape. Probably adding an extra 100 sq.ft. To it at the least.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I had a big huge old geranium that I brought from my last house. We moved here in 2008 and I got the torts in December 2011 and March 2012. The plant was huge and beautiful.. well it's gone. They ate the crap out of it. :D I was an accessory to the crime :p

Cowboy_Ken said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Ken you just made me laugh hysterically. :D
I like the ones with issues too.. either that or they are attracted to me. I have my dog with paralysis and severe allergies and then my other dog with his bad teeth. I have my tort with the pout lip and then hens.. hens is perfect and sweet.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
sibi said:
Aww. I love little critters that have something wrong with them. To hear any improvement warms my heart. Good for you guys.

I found him in a petstore that had closed down 3 months beforehand... he'd somehow managed to survive without any food, water, or heat provided to him. He was in pretty bad shape when I found him, the vet said that based on its size he would not have guessed that the little guy was older than a few weeks, let alone months. For the first 6 months it was pretty touch and go, I had to force feed him a high calorie meal replacer for a few months, and I had to help him with his sheds because he wouldn't pull it off, he would just let it sit for days and it would get so stiff that he couldn't move... didn't open his eyes for the first month, and I think he's still half blind... he has finally learned how to pick food out of my hand, he use to just chomp down. Now he will rub his mouth on my fingers to see if I actually have something, then he will very lightly nip at the food, he's such a good boy (even though I'm pretty sure "he" is a she :p)

Teegee was my first ever reptile so even though I started out with a beginner lizard like a leo, every other reptile I've gotten since then seems so easy compared to that!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:
I found him in a petstore that had closed down 3 months beforehand... he'd somehow managed to survive without any food, water, or heat provided to him. He was in pretty bad shape when I found him, the vet said that based on its size he would not have guessed that the little guy was older than a few weeks, let alone months. For the first 6 months it was pretty touch and go, I had to force feed him a high calorie meal replacer for a few months, and I had to help him with his sheds because he wouldn't pull it off, he would just let it sit for days and it would get so stiff that he couldn't move... didn't open his eyes for the first month, and I think he's still half blind... he has finally learned how to pick food out of my hand, he use to just chomp down. Now he will rub his mouth on my fingers to see if I actually have something, then he will very lightly nip at the food, he's such a good boy (even though I'm pretty sure "he" is a she :p)

Teegee was my first ever reptile so even though I started out with a beginner lizard like a leo, every other reptile I've gotten since then seems so easy compared to that!

Aww you are his hero :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Kerryann said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Aww you are his hero :)

No, I'm that annoying thing that comes around and turns the light on in the morning and occasionally sprays water in his tank :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:
No, I'm that annoying thing that comes around and turns the light on in the morning and occasionally sprays water in his tank :p

But you are his or her beloved food goddess. Even my fish love their food goddess :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I meant to comment on that too. Erin, it's so sad for Dagny. She doesn't understand why she can't sleep with you anymore. Perhaps, Rob could be persuaded to let her sleep in a folding bed next to you. It's because you have a smaller bed?
[/quote]

You just need a bigger bed. We bought a king size bed when cici started cramping our style. I always say he can't invade my territory because I have my maginot line of dogs. It's a pretty weak defense against invasion but it's warm and makes you feel cozy. :p
[/quote]

The strange thing is we are moving from a queen to a king. I think the main problem is she is a pretty adequate "defense against invasion". Rob was very frustetated that his efforts were being blocked by her and I did not help by laughing but it was really funny. She is a bit obnoxious to him and pushes him out of the bed with her big paws.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
I meant to comment on that too. Erin, it's so sad for Dagny. She doesn't understand why she can't sleep with you anymore. Perhaps, Rob could be persuaded to let her sleep in a folding bed next to you. It's because you have a smaller bed?

You just need a bigger bed. We bought a king size bed when cici started cramping our style. I always say he can't invade my territory because I have my maginot line of dogs. It's a pretty weak defense against invasion but it's warm and makes you feel cozy. :p
[/quote]

The strange thing is we are moving from a queen to a king. I think the main problem is she is a pretty adequate "defense against invasion". Rob was very frustetated that his efforts were being blocked by her and I did not help by laughing but it was really funny. She is a bit obnoxious to him and pushes him out of the bed with her big paws.[/QUOTE]

Ah see Cici and Ozzie just run away then threatened. Also we are both edge sleepers so she usually doesn't get neat him. She and Ozzie both sleep against my back pointed towards his side. If you touch Cici and she's sleeping she does what we call the ninja kick. She will kick with her back leg very hard. :) Sometimes Mike gets a ninja kick if he's flopping around in his sleep.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

The strange thing is we are moving from a queen to a king. I think the main problem is she is a pretty adequate "defense against invasion". Rob was very frustetated that his efforts were being blocked by her and I did not help by laughing but it was really funny. She is a bit obnoxious to him and pushes him out of the bed with her big paws.[/QUOTE]

Ah see Cici and Ozzie just run away then threatened. Also we are both edge sleepers so she usually doesn't get neat him. She and Ozzie both sleep against my back pointed towards his side. If you touch Cici and she's sleeping she does what we call the ninja kick. She will kick with her back leg very hard. :) Sometimes Mike gets a ninja kick if he's flopping around in his sleep.
[/quote]
It doesn't help that she is 130 pound giant. She doesn't threaten easy she just starts whining like the giant baby she is.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Goodest of good morning folks!!​

Good going Courtney's gecko!

Ken good luck with the addition to the pen project.

Erin, I think the bigger bed might work. It would be a compromise for both Dagney and Rob.

Wonder how Cheryl is doing with candle making and Mel with her picture taking.

There is a nice little layer of snow outside and I want to just stay inside, make chili, and bask. :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Kerryann said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

But you are his or her beloved food goddess. Even my fish love their food goddess :)

Haha, I guess that's true. I think even my little froggies recognize me as their cricket bearing servant

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
The flowers will be up on a railing out of tort reach... Unless she learns how to climb 3 ft vertically, but I wouldn't put that past a hungry tort :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Haha, I guess that's true. I think even my little froggies recognize me as their cricket bearing servant

Yep it's the closest we get to love. ;)
3am we had issues again. I'm dragging tail today.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Darned Weed Eater anyway! I finally got enough gumption to tackle the tall, I mean TALL, grass, got the fool machine started and went to work. After a bit I tried the "tap and go" method of making more line come out, and it didn't work. So I turned it off and took out the spool. Freed up the line and put it back together.

I've had this Weed Eater for two seasons and I have a bit of trouble getting the spool back in with the two line feeds and all, but I usually can do it. Well this time I just can't. The line hangs up. It was so much easier with my old machine when there was only one line feed. After I rest the cramp in my back I'm going to go back out and just wrap one line around the spool instead of the two it calls for. Maybe I'll have better luck that way. I hate to give up on this ambition I've got today.

Status
Not open for further replies.