Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Just finished the most recent episode of Walking Dead and OMG was it good!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Ha, my hubby watches that. I do not, I'm a huge chicken...

I watch Nashville while he watches the scary stuff!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
And if zombies are real so is face slingshot!!!!

Unfortunately the two bruises under the poor boy's eyes that lasted for a week indicate that face sling shot was in fact real.

pugsandkids said:

I did not watch the first season because I was scared of it but he convinced me to watch and I got into it.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I tried to watch walking dead a few times but i just couldn't get into it.

Has anybody here owned chinchillas before? I was given a baby chinchilla buy a customer at work, and man is this thing needy! She is like a puppy. When I get home from work, she crys, stares out of the cage til I take her out, and then she just cuddles up on my shoulder or lap and naps. It is so cute but I didn't realize they were so demanding :p

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!

Ignore my repeat post!
Hubby is losing his mind over the US vs Mexico soccer game. Anyone else watching?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:

I find it funny that Yvonne posted a half naked picture of me, and not me as people who know me would have figured. Lol.[/QUOTE]

I love the one she posted of me

pugsandkids said:
Love the iPug!
Nothing that Ken says surprises me. Is that good or bad?
Dinner for us is spaghetti, nothing exciting. A great way to get a veggie in for bacon lovers is to sauté Brussels sprout halves with chopped bacon ;-)

I spend an hour at the DMV today, not even sure if I accomplished any thing either...

So I got done with my team bonding dinner which was fun. I laughed a lot. I walked back to my truck and they had it booted. I had apparently parked in the aisle. The best part is that the spot I was in used to be a line but want anymore but you could still see the lines. I was traumatized. I paid the 75 dollar fine and was polite but Mike wants me to take pictures tomorrow because even the parking lot guy admitted all the lines were faded. Ugh
Off to bed.. I'll be a school girl tomorrow.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Chinchillas need sand baths to clean oils from their fur and lots of hay to wear down teeth! Also a lot of jumping/perching room. I can give you some chinchilla info sites if interested.

No walking dead spoilers! I'm 2 episodes behind!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I know all about their husbandry and diet etc, I have had them in the past. But the ones I had before were not tame when I received them, and so cuddling and such was not an issue. Unfortunately they died when my friends house who I was living with burned down. This baby tho, is just so snugly and always wants to cuddle. She's currently on my lap under the covers napping away. I was just wondering if it was normal. I was told it was 5 weeks old when the customer gave it to me, I think it was probably around 4 weeks, so maybe she just wants to cuddle cus she was taken from mom early. She is too cute. I was trying to find an active chinchilla forum but all the ones I found didn't have any new postings in weeks so I didn't bother. She's eating and drinking fine and has grown a little in the 2 weeks or so I have had her.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
pugsandkids said:
Chinchilla pictures please? They are adorable.

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364361475.634288.jpg

Here's one. She loves jumping off my bed and trying to drink out of the dogs water bowl! She dipped her paws in it and drank a little and sat there perched for a few seconds lol.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Keep the LP's away from the sand/dust box. Just saying because people still have those, right?

What's an LP lol

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I been waiting! So what's an LP anyways! There's a ploughshare posted in the radiates/ploughshare Section!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
I did not watch the first season because I was scared of it but he convinced me to watch and I got into it.

I think all one need do is watch, “Shawn of the Dead" and they'll get past the fear of zombies. Zombies need love too, ya know? Well, that and brains.

An LP is a vinyl recording of music or any other recorded audio thing. LP is for long playing.

Saw the ploughshare. Do you know where the keeper is located?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
It is completely normal for chinchillas to be clingy. They are a very social species. To help you can try to get her attached to a dog (if your dog is extremely calm and lazy) or a teddy bear that smells like you (sleep with it every few days). Otherwise look into gettin 2more to give them a small herd to supplement their social needs.
I know one guy that used to carry his chinchilla everywhere in a little pouch under his shirt. Took it to school and everything. It just slept all day and was perfectly happy.
The only one I had was for a very short time and I trained it to become attached to my extremely lazy and extremely old dog. So chili would just sleep in a little bed next to the near comatose dog all day.

OK now that I have said my peice and all my work is done I am going to bed. Night

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
theelectraco said:
I tried to watch walking dead a few times but i just couldn't get into it.

Has anybody here owned chinchillas before? I was given a baby chinchilla buy a customer at work, and man is this thing needy! She is like a puppy. When I get home from work, she crys, stares out of the cage til I take her out, and then she just cuddles up on my shoulder or lap and naps. It is so cute but I didn't realize they were so demanding :p

I had two in college

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Good Morning Jacqui & TFO Fam.
That Chinchilla is soooooo cute!!
Bye, I am still taking kids to school and then I have to run to the cleaners. I am really good about dropping stuff off at the cleaners but I always forget to pick stuff up. This morning Rib was like uh, where are my shirts & sweaters? Whoops!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was the cutest thing...

My daughter has a very talkative and obnoxious African grey parrot. Yesterday she filled the cap off her bottle of Dr. Pepper with a little bit of Dr. Pepper and gave it to the bird. He took it in his foot and drank the soda. Then he dipped the cap into his water bowl and proceeded to drink that way. He did this several times. I guess he was wondering why it didn't taste the same.

The stories she tells me about this bird have me laughing all the time. I'd love to have one. But I'm afraid I don't have the time to spend on a needy bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.