Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have about 25 minutes before I have to leave to go pick up a surrendered desert tortoise. In that time, is there anyone out there in computer-land who wants to pretend we have a chat room and join me here in this thread and talk about nothing?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
emysemys said:
I have about 25 minutes before I have to leave to go pick up a surrendered desert tortoise. In that time, is there anyone out there in computer-land who wants to pretend we have a chat room and join me here in this thread and talk about nothing?
Hey Yvonne
You do alot in your area to help tortoise. How many Tortoise do you have? How long have you been interested in tortoises?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Shucks miss this in time, but going keep it going. Perhaps if this thread is popular, it will show Josh we want a chatbox. :D

So what are you all up to today? When I am not inside trying to dry off the sweat and being online/doing inside chores, I am working on the jungle that grew in the month I was gone. Why is it the weeds no tortoise wants, grows so well and fast for me??? Geesh can't even find the tortoises for those darn weeds. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We found our first desert tortoise way back in the '60's. At that time I didn't realize there were different types of tortoise. We figured they all looked the same all over the world. One of them that we found in our neighborhood was high yellow, but we still figured it was a desert tortoise. Now, years later with more knowledge, I'm thinking it was a Chaco.

Jacqui:

My neighbor from across the street comes over every other week and mows and operates the weed-eater, so I don't have to worry about hat anymore, thank goodness

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My son was suppose to do that while I was gone. I think the heat, the rain, and then the amount of time he spent going doing weights limited that...plus we have three large yards to keep up on.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
That is neat. My husband promise my 4 year old a turtle 2 1/2 years ago. I think he want a red ear slider. I did not want to mess with water. So, we went with the sulcata. I have fell in love with him. I love to see him in the back yard.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know I'm pretty opinionated, and I really try to keep it toned down here on the forum, but my strong belief is that ALL turtles and tortoises belong outside!!

What kind of bird is Sin-Bad?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
That is neat. My husband promise my 4 year old a turtle 2 1/2 years ago. I think he want a red ear slider. I did not want to mess with water. So, we went with the sulcata. I have fell in love with him. I love to see him in the back yard.

Did you expect to have the emotions you have for a tortoise before you got him?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
But to tell you the truth I did not realize how to take care of him until I found this forum. Thank goodness I came across it.

Jacqui said:
FranklinTturtle said:

Did you expect to have the emotions you have for a tortoise before you got him?
No i was not even going to take care of him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have my babies outside as soon as the weather permits. They're in those large Christmas Tree storage bins, with wire covers, and they're up off the ground. But my little leopard babies have a wooden framework set down inside the leopard pen so they can graze. Theirs has a top I can prop open or closed.

FranklinTturtle said:
But to tell you the truth I did not realize how to take care of him until I found this forum. Thank goodness I came across it.

I feel this same way. Every day I'm grateful that Josh started the forum and that I found it.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How many babies do you currently have? Any more on the emys?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
My mom now has two sully and she keeps them out side all day long. I have been sharing the information I pick up here with her.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
FranklinTturtle said:

I feel this same way. Every day I'm grateful that Josh started the forum and that I found it.

Each day brings something new to learn. Like whoever thought of hernias in tortoises?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
How many babies do you currently have? Any more on the emys?

I have a tub of baby box turtles (3), a tub of texas babies (5), a new little Manouria called little Phaeri, Emmie, who is almost big enough to graduate out of a tub and the 2 leopard babies

Jacqui said:
Each day brings something new to learn. Like whoever thought of hernias in tortoises?

I'm still not quite sure I believe that one. They usually prolapse before they would herniate.

Well, time for me to go pick up that tortoise. I'll see you all later in the day!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
My mom now has two sully and she keeps them out side all day long. I have been sharing the information I pick up here with her.

Did she get hers after seeing yours?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
emysemys said:
I have my babies outside as soon as the weather permits. They're in those large Christmas Tree storage bins, with wire covers, and they're up off the ground. But my little leopard babies have a wooden framework set down inside the leopard pen so they can graze. Theirs has a top I can prop open or closed.

FranklinTturtle said:

But now every one in the house knows that Franklin belongs to me. He is the cats meow.

My brother law just call he has 4' of water in house. He lives in North Carolina on the water. I would have thought that he would have left his house. It does this ever time.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
But now every one in the house knows that Franklin belongs to me. He is the cats meow.

My brother law just call he has 4' of water in house. He lives in North Carolina on the water. I would have thought that he would have left his house. It does this ever time.

That will be no fun to clean up. I think I would be one of those who stays with my house.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Me to just for the thrill and to protect what mind. That is kind of sick isn't it.

That was fun. Now I am off to the store to buy a chain saw. To cut up the tree that fell durning the storm. This time I will buy the best one just to make sure it last.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wouldn't be staying for the thrill. I would be staying because of all the things there to try to keep safe. Plus where would my animals and I go would be a big thought for me. Then remember like with Katrina, those who left could not get back in for far longer then they ever imagined.

FranklinTturtle said:
That was fun. Now I am off to the store to buy a chain saw. To cut up the tree that fell durning the storm. This time I will buy the best one just to make sure it last.

Not so much fun cutting up trees. Bye! :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.