pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne, seriously the longest your power has been off is only 6 hours? Be thankful you never get the days of no power. I was thinking you were going to be telling us some big tree came down just barely missing your house or one of the sheds. :rolleyes:

Problem is, if you brought the tortoises in to be by the fire... do you have enough marshmallows for them to roast? :p :D

I was looking at sale ads yesterday and making my imaginary shopping list for when I get rich. :rolleyes: I was putting a generator at the top of the list. Also checking out some wood and pellet stoves for backups. I added the alarm system that calls you when temps get too cold, too hot or power goes off. Only problem is I only have a cell phone... which does not work in the house. You have to go to the top of the hill for it. :(

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Jacqui said:
Yvonne, seriously the longest your power has been off is only 6 hours? Be thankful you never get the days of no power. I was thinking you were going to be telling us some big tree came down just barely missing your house or one of the sheds. :rolleyes:

Problem is, if you brought the tortoises in to be by the fire... do you have enough marshmallows for them to roast? :p :D

I was looking at sale ads yesterday and making my imaginary shopping list for when I get rich. :rolleyes: I was putting a generator at the top of the list. Also checking out some wood and pellet stoves for backups. I added the alarm system that calls you when temps get too cold, too hot or power goes off. Only problem is I only have a cell phone... which does not work in the house. You have to go to the top of the hill for it. :(

YUMM...Marshmallows...I want hot cocoa! :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Come on over. I have milk, Nestle's Hot Chocolate mix, and the microwave still works. :D Even have an extra bag of those little marshmallows. :D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Yumm.............Plane tickets are on there way.....
paha who needs plane tickets.......Private jet and butler on there way now! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I could so easily turn into a lady of leisure. I've been sitting here looking at nothing for the past half hour, wishing someone would post something for me to read, so that I won't have to go outside into the wind and cold to pick lettuces from the garden and get all the tortoises up for the day. Won't someone please rescue me? No?

Ok...then I guess I gotta go......

Did I mention it was windy and cold?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Jacqui said:
tyler0912 said:
......Private jet and butler on there way now! :p

So are you just using Steph's or is she coming, too?

Steph uses mine actually! ;)
She uses them on there days off.....

Yvonee you may off mentioned it was cold and windy..........once......twice......three times? ;)

I decided against cocoa and and decided thick.....Creamy....smooth....MILKSHAKE! :p
My house is to warm for warm cocoa.......Cold milkshake!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
I could so easily turn into a lady of leisure. I've been sitting here looking at nothing for the past half hour, wishing someone would post something for me to read, so that I won't have to go outside into the wind and cold to pick lettuces from the garden and get all the tortoises up for the day. Won't someone please rescue me? No?

Ok...then I guess I gotta go......

Did I mention it was windy and cold?

Sounds like we both have the same weather today. :(

tyler0912 said:
I decided against cocoa and and decided thick.....Creamy....smooth....MILKSHAKE! :p
My house is to warm for warm cocoa.......Cold milkshake!

That sounds good. I keep my house hot for the tortoises, but it makes doing chores inside a pain because you end up sweating (which I am right now) A good milk shake made with real ice cream and fresh strawberries would be very tasty about now. :cool:

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Only milkshake around here with ice cream...is at McDonalds...Yummy...but if i go there i need to buy food!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes, it is windy, however the wind blew away the clouds and the sun is shining quite warmly. In sheltered areas its down right hot!

Checked around the property and aside from the bajillion leaves scattered all over the place, there is no wind damage. Roof all in place, solar panels fine, new roof on the car port held up nicely! Once the wind stops, I think I'm going to be raking up leaves until next June!

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Jacqui said:
Come on over. I have milk, Nestle's Hot Chocolate mix, and the microwave still works. :D Even have an extra bag of those little marshmallows. :D

Working microwave?! I'm there!!

No Tyler! Im the posh one who has private jets, horses, mansions etc....
According to Anthony anyway!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
You posh....pfftt.......i have posher rats ..... ;)
You should not off blew up your micro-oven then steph!
Everyones posh to anthony...i meen....it's anthony! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm still using the very first microwave that we ever bought. My husband bought it when they first came down to a reasonable price in the '60's. Can you imagine that it still works? Just to be safe, I never stand too close to it when its working. I don't want my innards to get cooked.

Hot cocoa sounds pretty good about now. Yum.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
emysemys said:
I'm still using the very first microwave that we ever bought. My husband bought it when they first came down to a reasonable price in the '60's. Can you imagine that it still works? Just to be safe, I never stand too close to it when its working. I don't want my innards to get cooked.

Please please please send it to me when you no longer want it!
Oh man, that'd be amazing to blow up!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Just thought I'd jump in and say hello. I am so incredibly busy at the moment, but it will all pay off big time in the long run. I just need to keep my head above water and remember to take some time to wind down...so here I am, winding down! :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
wind wind wind wind did I mention wind? high wind speeds, someplaces gusts were up to 160 plus. I say plus because the instrumentations only went to 160 so I am surprised my power did not go out, usually when the winds pick up my power goes out for 10 minutes or so, but not last night.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
stephiiberrybean said:
Working microwave?! I'm there!!

For today any how. It's getting rusted out on the bottom, so who knows how much longer it will be working.:D

emysemys said:

One of those big heavy ones? :D I can tell my four kids did not live with you. We all here use the microwave more then any other appliance. We are doing good to get two years of life out of one. At the other house we have my Mother's old one. Last I knew it still works, too. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
dmmj said:
wind wind wind wind did I mention wind? high wind speeds, someplaces gusts were up to 160 plus. I say plus because the instrumentations only went to 160 so I am surprised my power did not go out, usually when the winds pick up my power goes out for 10 minutes or so, but not last night.

I heard about the wind on the news. Sounds scary. I hope it ends soon for you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
David:

That's why I was up in the middle of the night on the computer. I wondered at the time if that's why you were up too. I couldn't sleep because of the wind noise. It was terrible awful!! Still windy today, but not like it was during the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.