pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:
What kind of curry are you having? Homemade or bought?

Just had a hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows in it. Was pretty good. Now debating if I want to wade thru the lake in front of the house, to get to the pickup, to go up the hill to try to call my husband, who may be in the middle of nowhere (WY and the like where cells don't work so good :p :D )

Wishing this would stay as rain here instead of turning to ice and snow. :rolleyes: Driving could get bad. Not to mention the wind seems to be kicking up a bit, with the ice/snow that could be bring some power outages later tonight. :(

Just having a shop-bought Jalfrezi. I've never been able to cook them myself and get anywhere near the same texture and flavour. I have curry very rarely and aim to lead a healthy lifestyle, but when I'm going all out with a curry I want it to TASTE unhealthy and satisfying.

Lake-wading sounds like a lot of effort if you don't even know his phone is working! :p

As for snow, this is the first year I've not wanted it. I can't walk in it at all, and I have to drive across the country to the east coast in a few weeks - this winter needs to be an easy one, but the last two have been bad.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi all I have some sad news and happy new's. Sad news: General, the one year old Great Dane failed his aggression test and did not get approved to go to a home with children:(. The trainer said that he is too "spunky". My fear is that he might get put down because his previous owners did not train him and that is so unfair. But, he is in good hands and I hope that they can help him find a great home.

The good new's is that we are picking up our 10 week old Great Dane named "Dagny" on Sat. 12/10!!!!! I am so excited!!! The person that she was supposed to go to did not want her because the AKC considers her to be ugly!! I will post a picture and I hope you will all agree that there is nothing remotely ugly about her!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is curry considered not healthy eating? What is jalfrezi?

I decided to be super nice and took two of the dogs back out for another quick walk (figuring once it turns to ice, I may not be so eager to give them their above the just basic amount of walk). Mister (the lab mix) was a bit ticked that after we waded thru the water by the house, I would not let him go to his favorite telephone pole across the street. He just doesn't get that I don't want to walk into the "stream" that is on the side now the ditch is filled and it's running on half the street pavement as is. :D Was lucky, Jeff was still able to get a call, but we kept getting dropped. :rolleyes: :D

I don't know what is going on with my tortoises today, earlier this morning I found my little hatchling hingeback Gobbler on his back. Just now I look over to see my little Star hatchling, Neilita on her back. :(

... and Yvonne I was right, the hingebacks have now started in again. Darn that male Redfoot. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Darn! I've been wanting a Doberman puppy for quite a while, but hearing about your new puppy really makes me have puppy fever! Trouble is, the price for them here is around $500 apiece. I'm not trying to buy a show quality or even a registered dog. I just want a dobie pup to be my companion. Don't tell me to rescue, because the cats were here first. I have to get a puppy because of all the cats.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Hi all I have some sad news and happy new's. Sad news: General, the one year old Great Dane failed his aggression test and did not get approved to go to a home with children:(. The trainer said that he is too "spunky". My fear is that he might get put down because his previous owners did not train him and that is so unfair. But, he is in good hands and I hope that they can help him find a great home.

The good new's is that we are picking up our 10 week old Great Dane named "Dagny" on Sat. 12/10!!!!! I am so excited!!! The person that she was supposed to go to did not want her because the AKC considers her to be ugly!! I will post a picture and I hope you will all agree that there is nothing remotely ugly about her!

:( Poor General. You know my feelings in the matter and I promise when Dagny knocks your children down because she will be a normal healthy "spunky" puppy, I won't say "I told ya". Scouts honor, I promise. :p

I can understand too why the person who was to take Dagny is not going to. If you get a dog planning to use it to show or even to breed, you have to look at the standard. In your case, your wanting a pet and a pet is what she will only be able to be. Does not make her less, just makes her possible "uses" less.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:

Jalfrezi's my favourite curry. Big chunks of peppers and onions in the curry sauce. My calorie limit for my evening meal is 600, though - the curry came to that on its own, before I added the rice, and then I had apple pie. The scales won't be my friend tomorrow but I'm having a good night at least! :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Darn! I've been wanting a Doberman puppy for quite a while, but hearing about your new puppy really makes me have puppy fever! Trouble is, the price for them here is around $500 apiece. I'm not trying to buy a show quality or even a registered dog. I just want a dobie pup to be my companion. Don't tell me to rescue, because the cats were here first. I have to get a puppy because of all the cats.

Of just a rescue doberman who likes cats. :p :D See you get talking a Dobermans and I get the memories all stirred up of my dobermans and you make me want to get another one, too. :p

I said when I got off the truck, I was going to get a new puppy to train and show in obedience and agility. Then last year the week before Christmas, Jeff's granddaughter said she was taking back to the shelter the new dog they had just gotten the week before. She had snapped at one of the kids. Soft hearted me, could not think of this dog spending Christmas in a shelter, so we took her. Jeff used her as my gift last year. :p

Then a couple of months ago, my neighbor got a chi puppy. Of course I said how cute it was and that I was going to steal it away. A week later she told me to put shoes on and get in her car, no asking questions. I went and in town we met this lady at the McDonald's parking lot. Thru the window, she places this little chi puppy in my arms. Those sad eyes had me in an instant. Turns out she was having to get rid of all her dogs immediately or put them to sleep.

So now I am back to over my personal limit on dogs, but not a single dog to train. :(

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Woo :) Got home to find a virgin+ box in my room :D So happy!
i also got my big pony a christmas present today and a new fleece earwarmer headband at a bargain price Got to play with my maybe-new pony and found some faux leather trousers for £25!!
Oh and I got some very funny christmas cards to send to people :D
Good day!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cherylim said:
Jacqui said:

Jalfrezi's my favourite curry. Big chunks of peppers and onions in the curry sauce. My calorie limit for my evening meal is 600, though - the curry came to that on its own, before I added the rice, and then I had apple pie. The scales won't be my friend tomorrow but I'm having a good night at least! :p

Hey, you only live once. Sometimes you just have got to go with the gusto!

stephiiberrybean said:
i also got my big pony a christmas present today and a new fleece earwarmer headband at a bargain price Got to play with my maybe-new pony and found some faux leather trousers for £25!!
Good day!

What is a virgin+ box????

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Also got to spend the day with 2 amazing friends! Can't get better than that :)

Sorry to hear about General Erin. am sure he'll find a lovely home. Can't wait to see your new puppy!

Jacqui a virgin+ box is basically a sky+box only by a company called Virgin. (don't know if you have them over there!)
It means i can record, pause, rewind, fast forward TV. all from the comfort of my bed!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
stephiiberrybean said:
Good day!

Have you got Virgin in the rest of your house, too? If so, how much do you pay?

We have the full Sky package and we pay LOADS. I'm convinced Virgin would be cheaper but Ian's convinced otherwise. :p

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Yea. We have virgin+ box in living room, my room and then we have virgin broadband and phone.
Not sure on prices but I know we switched from Sky because we were paying loads and it worked out we could have more packages on the virgin for less than we were paying for the few sky packages we had. We pretty much have all the virgin packages for the price of about 3 sky packages (or something like that!)
So yea Virgin is a lot cheaper :) (plus you get the 2 boxes for free. I believe!)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
stephiiberrybean said:
Yea. We have virgin+ box in living room, my room and then we have virgin broadband and phone.
Not sure on prices but I know we switched from Sky because we were paying loads and it worked out we could have more packages on the virgin for less than we were paying for the few sky packages we had. We pretty much have all the virgin packages for the price of about 3 sky packages (or something like that!)
So yea Virgin is a lot cheaper :) (plus you get the 2 boxes for free. I believe!)

Woo, thanks!

I'll look into it properly again tomorrow, when I'm not full of food and ready to sleep. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Too bad Ant isn't here. He would be having a hay day with all this talk about virgin's boxes.... :rolleyes: :p :D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
stephiiberrybean said:

across the road from me can have virgin...but on my side off the road we cant.....Way better than sky...but we still have sky! :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay, the stupid, "what was I thinking?" award of the day goes to.... ME!!

I was just feeding out a bag of mushrooms to the hingebacks. I came to the two stacks in the frontroom. On the second shelf by the window is a Leopard. Well I decided it would be good to let him have a few hours of extra heat. So I reach down and plug in the cord for a big metal domed lamp with a CHE.

I move on to spreading out the mushrooms and decide, as I give a group of Erosa hingebacks some that I should let them have some light. So I plug in another domed fixture sitting on their side. I then continue to finish out the sack of mushrooms.

Then I notice there is no light from either fixture. Hmm that is strange, because I knew I had one of each in that section. So I pick up the one over the hingebacks and look inside the dome. It has a CHE. I gingerly touch the CHE and yep it is just starting to get warm.

I move back to the Leopard's fixture. I pick it up and look inside. It's another CHE. Now my mind starts thinking back to yesterday, when I moved lights and CHEs around in the other room. Huh I guess I took the light from in here to the other room and brought a bad light in here to change out. Okay, no problem. Without thinking I reach in and grab that ole CHE firmly in my fingers to double check that it is indeed firmly screwed in before tossing it as bad. Well let me tell ya, those CHEs are mighty hot. :D :(

My reward for the day? Three burned finger pads. :p :D

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Ouch, Jacqui! I've yet to burn myself on a tortoise-bulb, but I'm surprised I've not. After all, I manage to cut my finger open every time I look at a knife. It's a wonder I've not burned the house down yet.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Burning the house down is one of my biggest fears. We have an old house, but fortunately my husband put in some new wiring and outlets for me a few years back. Before that it was one set of two outlets per room, two rooms shockingly had two sets! :D I had octopus cords everywhere. *blushes and hangs head in shame*

Still I worry about over loading or the cats knocking a light or heater over. Earlier this week I had been up the hill to call my husband. Now on such a short leave of the house, I leave things running. As I was coming down the hill and into the village again, I saw all this smoke down towards my house. Immediate panic set in. Turns out the people across were burning a pile of leaves. :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.