Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Irene appears to have come & gone here in NY. I lost power for about 2hrs but it's back on. Tons & tons of flooding here in the Hudson River Valley. Looks like it's heading towards Mass.

So glad it ended up being not as bad as expected, but better to over estimate then to not and have folks unprepared. Flooding of course is no picnic either and can be long lasting, too. Just will feel better, when all our members get checked in. I worry a lot about ??Len as he was more in the area where it hit with more force and has not been on. :(

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Just got done soaking Hermy which I was distracted from doing yesterday. He farted. 3 times.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Was that Hermy's way of showing his displeasure still from yesterday? :D

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
I was just wondering, is lonsome George the last pinta island galapogose tortoise still alive? I can't find ANYTHING and I was just wondering... Sorry if hes been dead for a while and I missed the news. Didnt seem worthy enough to start a thread somewhere so I decided to post it here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We had a thread about him here a while back. I can't remember if he's still alive, but we talked about them finding a closely related (by DNA) female that they put with him, but no breeding had occurred yet. He is (was??) the last of his kind.

Our chat was kind of quiet this afternoon. But being Sunday and all...

I'm on my way out into the oven to do my evening chores.

Be well everyone and see ya later!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
alive, but is he still lonesome?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I'm back lost power yesterday at 11:30 am got it back today 4:30 am 16 hours with no power boring:(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I never lost power but I have no landline, wifi or cable:(. The one drawback of a bundle package:(.

Interesting observation... All 3 of the torts were bedded down and didn't really move during the worst of the storms yesterday and they were all inside. Chewy did not move a muscle even to eat!! They are all eating now which made me think of it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wonder what animals can sense that we can't. Maybe the barometric pressure?

Morning everyone! Hope you are all well and raring to go this morning.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Wow am I behind or what? Had to read 11 pages to catch up here! How is Mr? Is he getting over being spoiled yet Yvonne? I'm glad that Irene was a little easier on people then they said it was gonna be. I'm so sick of my illness running my life. Didn't even fell like getting on the net for a few days... and I had to take off today but starting to come around now I think!

And another thing, what would be the most humane way of removing my wifes fingers? If she don't stop turning the air down to 73 or less I'm gonna have to start taking them off! :) I'm freezing to death in this house! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe it would be more "humane" to super glue them to each other rather than removing them. :p And then super glue her thumb to her palm so she can't mess with the thermostat.

Mr. has stayed in his house since I got him. He's pretty traumatized...but he'll come around.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just a bit late on this, as I just got my laptop out of my daughter's hands (see visited for the weekend :D!... of course I really think she came to visit more with the laptop. :cool: )... and how...

Merry Monday everyone!!!!

cemmons12 said:
And another thing, what would be the most humane way of removing my wifes fingers? If she don't stop turning the air down to 73 or less I'm gonna have to start taking them off! :) I'm freezing to death in this house! :p

Might be easier, just to put on more clothes. :D

emysemys said:
Mr. has stayed in his house since I got him. He's pretty traumatized...but he'll come around.

Poor guy! :( I feel so bad for him. But still not moving to CA. :p :D

So still no word from ?Len?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Super glue, that's the ticket! No jail time for glue! Lol!! Poor Mr... I'm sure he will come around.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I'm off to the hay store. Gotta' buy some horse food. See ya later...

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
what you gotta do next? mowed the pasture, got horse food, now do you have to clean our the barn/stall or whatever you keep them in?:p

well we kept going intell today so thats good.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Question...right now as your reading this, are any of your tortoises outside?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yvonne: do u ever sleep? Lol! See ya later. I got to get ready to clean the horse barn. I will be sooo happy when we get our own land and all I will have to do it go out back and do it instead of going to my wifes friends house to do it. Blah! Such a bother boarding with someone else that expects u to do everything for all the horses and fix everything while her and her lazy husband do NOTHING! Grrrrrr..... she dont even work, just sits on her butt all day. PEOPLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.