pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
I go from flip flops to uggs. It usually goes from warm to cooold!!

The first day of school was cancelled because of Irene :(. My 5 year old cried. She is so excited to see what this school thing is all about.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Erin that is soooo sad, your poor daughter!! The first day is soooo exciting!!!! Seeing life thru the eyes of a five year is one of the reasons I love my job!!! You never know what's going to happen that day! Today I had a group go on a bathroom break, they came back and 1 didn't go, when I asked him why he didn't go, it was my fault because I didn't say "Tommy go potty" ..........momma mia!! My fault..... my helper and I just crack up at things like that!! :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I'm a middle school English teacher & I'm about to cry thinking about HAVING school! This is how things are viewed through the eyes of a 39 year old middle school teacher!! ;) :D :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I love uggs

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
AND pretend chat is still going on!!! That's awesome. Hope everyone is having a great day. I especially hope all of our folks up north are ok after Irene. Thoughts and prayers are still with everyone.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
I'm a middle school English teacher & I'm about to cry thinking about HAVING school! This is how things are viewed through the eyes of a 39 year old middle school teacher!! ;) :D :p

Oh poor poor Anthony! :D I am always surprised at how far apart different places are for starting school. What do you teach?

dbsneed69 said:
AND pretend chat is still going on!!! That's awesome. Hope everyone is having a great day. I especially hope all of our folks up north are ok after Irene. Thoughts and prayers are still with everyone.

Why of course it is! We are all getting good at pretending to chat. Won't Yvonne be happy! :D Still have not heard from Len. :(

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

. What do you teach?

:D :D!! I guess I flunked English. lol I sure can't read and comprehend the English language obviously. :D :D

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
The only problem with a chat option I see, is that I would spend way more time here than I already do, I don't know if that would be a good thing.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
dmmj said:
The only problem with a chat option I see, is that I would spend way more time here than I already do, I don't know if that would be a good thing.

I totally agree. Infact, this thread has made me come on more than I should!!!!

Well Yvonne, I think you win. Now I agree with adding a chat box of some sort.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
AnthonyC said:

I have one about to start middle school too. She DID NOT cry when she heard school was cancelled. She was all can so & so spend the night can..can…can.. UGH I want her to go to school and my 5 year old to stay home!!!

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Question!!!!!!!
Is anyone on any other forum? I does not have to be reptiles or tortoise, just another forum.
Or more like what other forums are you on?
Me, I am not on another forums.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am on several and in different degrees, most are not just turtle/tortoises, but also reptile ones.

CtTortoiseMom said:
AnthonyC said:

I have one about to start middle school too. She DID NOT cry when she heard school was cancelled. She was all can so & so spend the night can..can…can.. UGH I want her to go to school and my 5 year old to stay home!!!

Oh I recall those days! The kids would have fingers crossed for school to get cancelled. :D Of course, when I was in school, I did too. :p :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
TurtleTortoise said:
Question!!!!!!!
Is anyone on any other forum? I does not have to be reptiles or tortoise, just another forum.
Or more like what other forums are you on?
Me, I am not on another forums.

I am not on any other forum. This is my first forum eva' and I love it:).

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

Oh poor poor Anthony! :D I am always surprised at how far apart different places are for starting school. What do you teach?

dbsneed69 said:

Why of course it is! We are all getting good at pretending to chat. Won't Yvonne be happy! :D Still have not heard from Len. :(

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

. What do you teach?

:D :D!! I guess I flunked English. lol I sure can't read and comprehend the English language obviously. :D :D

Maybe you need glasses, do you need to go potty?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
My boy was looking forward to school...he went back August 1....too early for me....I miss hanging out with him...he gets loads of homework now that he started middle school......:cool:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Torty Mom said:
Erin that is soooo sad, your poor daughter!! The first day is soooo exciting!!!! Seeing life thru the eyes of a five year is one of the reasons I love my job!!! You never know what's going to happen that day! Today I had a group go on a bathroom break, they came back and 1 didn't go, when I asked him why he didn't go, it was my fault because I didn't say "Tommy go potty" ..........momma mia!! My fault..... my helper and I just crack up at things like that!! :D

It takes a special person to be able to comfort, inspire and FOCUS those sweet little minds!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:

Yes, I do need to use glasses, but I already have them on. :p ... and actually Yes, I do need to go potty. :D

ascott said:
My boy was looking forward to school...he went back August 1....too early for me....I miss hanging out with him...he gets loads of homework now that he started middle school......:cool:

Sounds a bit like my two youngest. The boy and baby, Josh, was eager because of football, not so much the college part of it. :D I was lucky, however, my youngest daughter, Ash, came home for the weekend from college. She can be a pain, but geesh I really really miss her when she is gone. Josh, too... especially his muscles for the manual labor value. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to belong to about 8 YAHOOgroup listservs. I started spending more time on the computer than doing my work outside, so I quit them all cold turkey. When I finally decided after a couple months that I had kicked my addiction, I came back to the computer, did a GOOGLE search and the first thing I found was our wonderful Tortoise Forum!! I went back to YAHOOgroups and resigned from all my accounts over there. I DO belong to Shelled Warriors because it is in the U.K. and I like to think it might help me answer UK type questions that come up over on this forum.

As to how much time I spend outside...

I go out and clean the horse paddock first thing in the a.m. then I chop food for the baby tortoises and soak them. Then I feed each of the bigger tortoise habitats and clean up after the tortoises. I may have to move sprinklers and water every thing. Right now all my pens' fencing is in good repair, so when I finished taking care of the animals, its usually lunch time and too hot to be outside anyway, so I eat, read and fall asleep because reading made me sleepy. In between all that, I'm a spammers' worst nightmare! on the Forum!!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
emysemys said:
In between all that, I'm a spammers' worst nightmare! on the Forum!!
I for one appreciate you keeping the spammers off.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Sorry Jacqui it was an early night for me. I try not to give a lot of homework b/c I'm aware that my little bit just compounds the "little bit" that every other teacher is giving, especially those darn math teachers--NO HOMEWORK ON THE WEEKENDS! ;) I really love what I do. My students seem to respond well. I've only been teaching for 3yrs so my methods are very "new school". Compared to my last 2 other jobs this is a piece of cake!!!--Police Officer & Response Officer @ a Nuclear Power Plant.

Torty Mom said:
Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

dbsneed69 said:

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

. What do you teach?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Sorry Jacqui it was an early night for me. I try not to give a lot of homework b/c I'm aware that my little bit just compounds the "little bit" that every other teacher is giving, especially those darn math teachers--NO HOMEWORK ON THE WEEKENDS! ;) I really love what I do. My students seem to respond well. I've only been teaching for 3yrs so my methods are very "new school". Compared to my last 2 other jobs this is a piece of cake!!!--Police Officer & Response Officer @ a Nuclear Power Plant.

:D Sounds like you should have been prepared to be a teacher what with those previous jobs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.