Problems with Animal Plastics order?

FenderStrat73

Location (City and/or State)
New York, NY
I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with Animal Plastics? I ordered a cage from them in June. I understand they have a back log of orders and it takes a long time, but I'm starting to get nervous and my tortoise desperately needs a bigger enclosure. They initially told me it would be ready in August. Now they either tell me it will be next week (which doesn't happen), or ignore my emails.

ColaCarbonaria

Pensacola, Florida
My order of 2 T70’s was placed in early April and I got them 2 weeks ago. But I never had a ‘problem’ with them, Ali always answered or returned my calls promptly and then reached out to me when they had an issue on their end. I think they basically had to remake my cages bc she said she they had a “programming” error and had to ‘recut’ my enclosures. So I think they are behind. I did talk to Ali and asked if they had plans to upgrade their facility and equipment to handle a bigger work load, and she told me they are as big as they can be without making a huge investment. For me I understand this, despite the political climate we have a pretty good economy going right now but as soon as it slows animal caging obviously isn’t necessary like putting tires on your car or braces on your kids teeth. So I get them not borrowing millions when things probably will slow down at some point. I can relate to your frustration but just be patient they’re good people and their product is second to none! It’s worth the wait!

FenderStrat73

New York, NY
Great! Thank you for your insight into this. I get and appreciate that they are a small business and you have to wait for these cages. It's just unnerving when I paid over $400 to someone and I don't get a response. I also hate to bother them with the routine checking in, making sure I'm going to actually see a cage one day. Good to know that they will come through, and it'll be worth the wait.

Ghazan

5 Year Member
Took about 16-17 weeks for my order May 4th, think initial estimate was 12 weeks but I wasn't in a rush. They always replied to my emails, seems like a small private company but ultimately product is worth the wait ...

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE
They are absolutely a small business. We've been to their facility near Des Moines, Iowa. Ali is great to work with and seems to never have a problem getting phone calls inquiring about orders. I know she fielded multiple phone calls from me and she never sounded like she was put off or annoyed by them. I wouldn't hesitate to call and check on the status of your order.

Kaliman1962

They are bringing my T70 with to the Tinley Park Reptile show in Illinois. I will pick it up from there on the 13th

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I didn't see this thread last month @FenderStrat73 , but if I had I would have told you to relax. They are super reputable and trustworthy. They make the best enclosures on the market and charge a very fair price to do it. They are a small operation and they care more about quality than quantity. You are going to wait a while to get a cage from them, but when you get it you'll be thrilled and wish you had done it sooner. I have 8 of their enclosures now and I love them. Planing on ordering 8 more. I hate the wait, but I would not even consider buying elsewhere. And Alli is a wonderful person to deal with on the phone. She knows her products, is very helpful, and she is a joy to do business with. Its rare to find this level of quality and customer service anymore. They deserve our business. They've earned it and continue to earn it every day.

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE
They are bringing my T70 with to the Tinley Park Reptile show in Illinois. I will pick it up from there on the 13th
Nice! We'll be there, too. Not planning on coming home with new reptiles, but you just never know what you're going to see at Tinley. Looking forward to chatting with AP about ordering an A35 for our monkey tailed skink, too.