Radiated caresheet? Temp and humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuttle

5 Year Member
Hi guys can i ask what is the temp and humidty requirement for raidated tortoise? Anyone can help me with husbandry pls? Another thing what is the average weight of radiated at 4 inch? Thanks guys

skuttle

5 Year Member
Thanks sir. My problem right now is what i have been told of regarding radiatas they need heat and humidity. But i know some guys in our country who just put them on bins and bask them in natural sunlight an hour a day. They have the radiatas for 5 years. Good shell not much pyrmading. Our countries temp usually goes from 25 to 32 celsius and humidity 60 percent to 90 percent. So im thinking making a microclimate enclosure or just stick with normal bin type enclosure, morning sun and soak.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
They are tolerant of pretty warm temps. Can get low too. But being 4" its around a year old or so. I would keep your temps low of 80s and on up. They can handle some heat. But that being said it needs to be ambient heat and not direct sunlight heat. They can overheat like any tortoise very quickly if they have no shelter from full sun heat and UV exposure. Humidity seems good. 90 is a bit high but won't hurt them at all.

skuttle

5 Year Member
I live in asia and so i think this guys would be defintely wild caught. Can i ask if i need to deworm him asap? Can tortoise die of worm without you not noticing it. What i mean is if he still eats but not many poop normally can he still die of parasites out of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.