Dawsonduro

Location (City and/or State)
CA
littleredfoot had sent two different t5 uvbs does it matter which one? I just came to store and I saw the one in red and yellow box but it doesn’t come with a fixture , is the other one a better option The Arcadia ?? Does it have a fixture with it or are they always sold separate

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
littleredfoot had sent two different t5 uvbs does it matter which one? I just came to store and I saw the one in red and yellow box but it doesn’t come with a fixture , is the other one a better option The Arcadia ?? Does it have a fixture with it or are they always sold separate
You can get the bulb and fixture together from Arcadia. It is a good brand that's the one I have. Do they not have the fixture for the bulb separately at the store you went too?

Dawsonduro

CA
littleredfoot had sent two different t5 uvbs does it matter which one? I just came to store and I saw the one in red and yellow box but it doesn’t come with a fixture , is the other one a better option The Arcadia

Dawsonduro

CA
You can get the bulb and fixture together from Arcadia. It is a good brand that's the one I have. Do they not have the fixture for the bulb separately at the store you went too?
No they didn’t have it , only if you bought a whole other bulb lol . But sounds good thank you gonna check out the Arcadia

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello sorry for the delay! Hopefully mojo helped answer your questions, you’re definitely heading in the right direction. And yeah I’d personally go with the Arcadia proT5 kit 12%, it’s the one we have too🙂

Dawsonduro

CA
So I cant find the t5 on Amazon due to me being in US we don’t have it on there I guess . Or not the exact one little red foot sent. Is this the correct one I was able to find on this site, also does anyone know if this site is a legit marketplace?

Attachments

• IMG_8500.png
    IMG_8500.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 1

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
So I cant find the t5 on Amazon due to me being in US we don’t have it on there I guess . Or not the exact one little red foot sent. Is this the correct one I was able to find on this site, also does anyone know if this site is a legit marketplace?
Yes. I bought mine on Amazon let me see if I can dig up the link.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Here you go.

Arcadia 24" Pro T5 12% Kit https://a.co/d/5k7SmMg

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hopefully mojos link works, but I’ve had another member recently use that site for the uv, that is the right one, idk if they’ve received them yet because it was only a few days ago, but the websites reviews seemed decent

Dawsonduro

CA
Mojo got the Amazon link in US! Thank you both so much . Here’s how we’re looking now gonna get that light fixture ordered so I can get it all setup hopefully next few days .
Humidity sitting comfortable mid to high 80s and heat staying around 85 -90 , looking good so far!

Attachments

• IMG_8514.jpeg
    IMG_8514.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8513.jpeg
    IMG_8513.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8510.jpeg
    IMG_8510.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Dawsonduro

CA
Also are these good lamp timers?
Was gonna get these and I need one more theromstat controller for my 2nd CHE only have one right now . (If you guys have any recommendations for controller open to opts)

Attachments

• IMG_8515.png
    IMG_8515.png
    221.4 KB · Views: 1

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Mojo got the Amazon link in US! Thank you both so much . Here’s how we’re looking now gonna get that light fixture ordered so I can get it all setup hopefully next few days .
Humidity sitting comfortable mid to high 80s and heat staying around 85 -90 , looking good so far!
Looking good. Keep an eye on the wood hides in the humid environment they tend to start molding. Also it would be good to get a hand held temperature gun for spot checking to compare with the gauges you have. I have found them to be not so accurate.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Was gonna get these and I need one more theromstat controller for my 2nd CHE only have one right now . (If you guys have any recommendations for controller open to opts)
You'll want to make sure they retain memory incase the power goes out. So you don't have to keep reprogramming them. I will see if I can dig up the link for the one's I got at Lowe's and the thermostat controller link.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
That’s brilliant! This will definitely work for you until you can work on a bigger enclosure, the wood will likely give out eventually because of the high humidity, but I’m sure you get sorted before that happens, and at least he’ll be feeling much more comfortable in the meantime🥰

Hopefully once you switch to just the CHEs, you can bring your temps to 82-84, your temps aren’t too bad but they tend to be more active in that range, 90 is a little on the warm side for them, but it’ll soon be fixed😊
I’m unfamiliar with the model but they look ok, we use plug in dial timers, but those ones might even work better if they’re digital🙂
But hang fire and see if mojo can find the ones he’s on about👍

As for the thermostat, what wattage is it? Because you should be able to get a power strip and put both CHEs onto one, just depends on the thermostat wattage, it needs to be higher than the amount you’re putting in

Dawsonduro

CA
Looking good. Keep an eye on the wood hides in the humid environment they tend to start molding. Also it would be good to get a hand held temperature gun for spot checking to compare with the gauges you have. I have found them to be not so accurate.
Yes I have a therma gun on hand already! But I will keep that in mind thank you💯

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Also the wide dome you have over the hide area looks good for the ceramics, you don’t want too small or too deep, the others look like they might be, so might be worth getting another larger one👍

One of the smaller domes will work great for a regular led for ambient lighting😊

I’d get all lights hung securely on stands or chains from the frame if you can, the clamps have unfortunately been known to fail which is a hazard, you’re doing really well taking everything in though!😁

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Also the wide dome you have over the hide area looks good for the ceramics, you don’t want too small or too deep, the others look like they might be, so might be worth getting another larger one👍

One of the smaller domes will work great for a regular led for ambient lighting😊

I’d get all lights hung securely on stands or chains from the frame if you can, the clamps have unfortunately been known to fail which is a hazard, you’re doing really well taking everything in though!😁
Agreed you've made great changes since this morning.

Dawsonduro

CA

Sounds good I will keep that in mind . But yea I know I need to get them all hung up right but this is temporary praying nothing fails in the meantime.

Here’s the two heat emitters I have right now, and the thermo controller that came with it. Not sure what wattage or if it can handle two CHE’s though…?

Attachments

• IMG_8518.jpeg
    IMG_8518.jpeg
    871.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8517.png
    IMG_8517.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 1