mojo_1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Clairsville OH
Hey I’m here at Lowe’s gonna buy some lamp timers @mojo_1 and they have the ones you recommended but if my thermostat plug is a 3 prong hole and the ones you recommended only 2 prong holes . They also have Bluetooth ones here not sure if they’re reliable? Also found these same brand not sure if it’s the same thing but it’s 3 prong hole and would work. What do you thinks best ?
The timers are just for the lights. Your thermostat should not be on a timer. Your lights should all be 2 prong.

Dawsonduro

CA
The timers are just for the lights. Your thermostat should not be on a timer. Your lights should all be 2 p
Ahh didnt even think about this, ill exchange them and get the other ones. I was wondering how often do i need to change substrate and what brands are best for substrate?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
hiya! So yeah just your ambient lighting(the leds) and UV will need to be on a timer.
The ambient lighting a 12hour timer, we personally have ours from 9am to 9pm. Then your UV fit roughly 4 hours from noon🙂

The ceramic bulbs are going to be on a thermostat, which turns them on/off as and when needed, hence no need for the time with those👍

As for the substrate, in a larger set up, you won’t need to do deep cleans often, every 6-12months, depending how you feel it’s holding up smell wise etc🙂do daily spot cleans, for loose bits of food, poop n stuff👍
Brand wise, I’m not 100% certain what brands you have available, but I believe I’ve seen US members use habistat orchid bark, zoo med reptibark, but also a lot of folks say they go to garden stores and buy bulk bags, you just have to read the small print and make sure it’s 100% natural orchid fir bark, with absolutely no added fertilisers or chemicals, I’m always reluctant recommending that cause I overthink everything🥲but our uk brands aren’t available over there, perhaps mojo will say what he uses😊
If you’re wanting to use coir as a base, I think this brand is available in the US

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FW653X2/?tag=

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
hiya! So yeah just your ambient lighting(the leds) and UV will need to be on a timer.
The ambient lighting a 12hour timer, we personally have ours from 9am to 9pm. Then your UV fit roughly 4 hours from noon🙂

The ceramic bulbs are going to be on a thermostat, which turns them on/off as and when needed, hence no need for the time with those👍

As for the substrate, in a larger set up, you won’t need to do deep cleans often, every 6-12months, depending how you feel it’s holding up smell wise etc🙂do daily spot cleans, for loose bits of food, poop n stuff👍
Brand wise, I’m not 100% certain what brands you have available, but I believe I’ve seen US members use habistat orchid bark, zoo med reptibark, but also a lot of folks say they go to garden stores and buy bulk bags, you just have to read the small print and make sure it’s 100% natural orchid fir bark, with absolutely no added fertilisers or chemicals, I’m always reluctant recommending that cause I overthink everything🥲but our uk brands aren’t available over there, perhaps mojo will say what he uses😊
If you’re wanting to use coir as a base, I think this brand is available in the US

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FW653X2/?tag=
I use the reptibark and only that. I spot clean as needed. The spring tails do the rest of the cleaning. If it passes the smell test you should be good up to a year.