mojo_1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Clairsville OH
Ahh damn that’s unfortunate, would’ve loved to have another some day🥲
But good to know thank you!
I love the redfoot species, they are the most involved cost and time of the tortoise options. At least for those of us in a climate that has harsh winters and no tropical climate. If you want a second tortoise I would recommend a Russian tortoise they only get up to around 8" long and requires less space and after they get out of hatchling size the enclosure requirement is a lot easier. Still can't hang out with your current tortoise though. You don't want a mixed species tortoise on top of previously mentioned issues.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
ahhh im so far off😂 I been waiting to name him or her bc I thought it would be quicker but sounds like we’re going with a gender neutral name lol
Yeah it’s definitely a waiting game for these guys!

It’s funny, ours belongs to my moms partner, he got her years before we all met, the shop he got her from told them right away they’re a girl with zero way of knowing because she was still a tiny baby. Course they just trusted what they were told and she’s always been a ‘she’ in our eyes. She did turn out to be a girl though so guess it was fate lol

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I love the redfoot species, they are the most involved cost and time of the tortoise options. At least for those of us in a climate that has harsh winters and no tropical climate. If you want a second tortoise I would recommend a Russian tortoise they only get up to around 8" long and requires less space and after they get out of hatchling size the enclosure requirement is a lot easier. Still can't hang out with your current tortoise though. You don't want a mixed species tortoise on top of previously mentioned issues.
Oh I completely second how involved you have to be with their maintenance when you’re battling a bad climate, we’re in the uk, worst place possible to have them, I genuinely don’t think they should be sold here, there’s too many being housed in tiny set ups and no way of properly housing them outdoors here😓

Russians are so much more chill lol

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Oh I completely second how involved you have to be with their maintenance when you’re battling a bad climate, we’re in the uk, worst place possible to have them, I genuinely don’t think they should be sold here, there’s too many being housed in tiny set ups and no way of properly housing them outdoors here😓

Russians are so much more chill lol
I would like to visit the UK some day. But I would like to see it on the 2 days a year it's not either rainy, cloudy, or really any weather that is all doom and gloom. 🤣

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I would like to visit the UK some day. But I would like to see it on the 2 days a year it's not either rainy, cloudy, or really any weather that is all doom and gloom. 🤣
Yeah good luck with that, even our summer has been doom and gloom this year🤣we hands down have the most depressing weather.. cold and damp pretty much year round🥲

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
That's what everyone from there that I meet in my travels says,
Yeah sounds about right😬
Shame really because we have some of the most beautiful countryside and historical locations, it’s still definitely worth the visit, just bring your umbrella ☂️😂

Dawsonduro

CA
Yea I like those Russians a lot too, I was looking at a yellow foot but those things get huge it was saying like 38 in.😳 I’m not ready for that yet .
I cant relate to those extreme colds my cold is like 65 degrees I’m from Southern California😂 everyday is like 100 degrees right now

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Yea I like those Russians a lot too, I was looking at a yellow foot but those things get huge it was saying like 38 in.😳 I’m not ready for that yet .
I cant relate to those extreme colds my cold is like 65 degrees I’m from Southern California😂 everyday is like 100 degrees right now
Nice! Like the weather. Don't like all the rules. Not a single one of my vehicles would be welcome in California 🤣🤣

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Anything over 20c and I’m absolutely dying here! I’m definitely not climatized for heat!😂
We’re such a humid country too so when we do get the odd heatwave in the peak of summer, it’s feels absolutely vile! Uk heatwaves suck! Our houses aren’t built for it😣

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Anything over 20c and I’m absolutely dying here! I’m definitely not climatized for heat!😂
We’re such a humid country too so when we do get the odd heatwave in the peak of summer, it’s feels absolutely vile! Uk heatwaves suck! Our houses aren’t built for it😣
Ohio is hot and sweaty in the summer and Frigid, in the winter. I work in oil and gas and have to wear long sleeve FR clothes all the time. So the hot days suck.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Couldn’t have said it better 😂 what you got though I’m curious ?👀
A few things. This is what I have with me in ohio. I have a 65 impala and a 68 c10 and a 67 pontiac Acadia wagon at my parents house in South Dakota.
I take that back my 2018 sierra would pass it still has warranty on it so it's not been messed with.

2013 gmc sierra mild engine changes with a retune.
20221117_132926.jpg
2010 gmc sierra 800hp to the ground only original parts left on the truck is the body.
20190620_185554.jpg20190620_190050.jpg20190620_185925.jpg
1991 gmc sierra 383 stroker with a 5 speed. SAS with 2001 F250 axles.
Screenshot_2018-09-14-22-51-01.png
1929 Ford Model A mostly stock. I switched from a updraft carb to a down draft. Some cars just are not ment to be Heavily modified.
20240530_143055.jpg
2014 gmc sierra currently re-tuned 4cyl mode turned off and deleted. 3rd catalytic converter gutted. And in about another 30,000 miles will be getting the 6.6l gas engine from a 2022 chevy silverado 2500. Oh and I got tired of fixing trucks after hitting deer so I got this deer slayer bumper
20240203_124100.jpg
20240203_122102.jpg
2018 gmc sierra stock due to unlimited powertrain warranty😪 boo.
20240802_173509.jpg

Last edited: