Red foot tortoise identification

Sharing is Caring

Location (City and/or State)
Netherlands
So, I saw someone selling two red foot tortoises around 3 and 2 years. But she says they're both female (0.2), but shouldn't it be impossible to know what sex they are at that age? From the photos it didn't seem they are large nor had they any shell anomalies. They seem, how do you say that, normal.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I
So, I saw someone selling two red foot tortoises around 3 and 2 years. But she says they're both female (0.2), but shouldn't it be impossible to know what sex they are at that age? From the photos it didn't seem they are large nor had they any shell anomalies. They seem, how do you say that, normal.
I won't say its impossible. Just very unlikely that anyone can guess the sex at that size without doing some sort of medical probe.
All RF look female until they're older than that

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I think it would be possible to tell if some of them are male at 3 years, but if not already showing male characteristics at that age could be female, could still be male.