Red Spot and Skin Flaking on Foot

jharrris

Location (City and/or State)
Greenville
Okay thanks for answering! Vitamin A isn't usually required, and I don't know much about tortoises and meds. What do you think @wellington @Tom @Yvonne G ?
Yeah Tom told me in another post that it is nearly impossible for torts to have a vitamin A deficiency. The lotion I was given says SSD 1% silver sulfadiazine cream and was told to apply twice a day

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Well, at least the lotion sound fine, it is often used with tortoises. Please keep us updated with any possible progress/decline!

jharrris

Greenville
That's good. I will keep you updated!
Well, at least the lotion sound fine, it is often used with tortoises. Please keep us updated with any possible progress/decline!
Forgot to update. The vet found two other red spots but one has completely cleared up and the other have scabbed over. Still applying the lotion twice a day. Shelly had also had an eye issue thatT they prescribed eye drops for. Just ran out of the eye drops and haven't noticed any more eye stuff but I will just have to pay attention. Maybe the red marks could be from Shelly trying to scratch?

The vet said to bathe more frequently for the issue with the nails, which I have been but haven't noticed any changes. I will have to check again. Would putting the lotion on the nail bed be a bad idea?

I have an led bulb for ambient lighting that I guess my dad thought was UVB and that's what he told the vet, and they said I need to change it because Shelly needs more UVB. But I take Shelly outside for UVB. I've made a better outdoor enclosure and Shelly spends more time in there than before

They said otherwise Shelly is in excellent health and that these issues don't seem serious