Redfoot Hatchling Enclosure

Shaybe13

Location (City and/or State)
Roanoke, VA
Hello all! I just received my RF hatchling in the mail yesterday, and wanted to share his enclosure setup.

On the warmer side I have a UVB bulb (on a 12 hour timer) and a basking lamp. I am going to be switching out the basking lamp for a CHE today, as I've found the lamp dries out the tank too quickly.

On the cooler side I'm using a reptile-safe under the tank heating pad, so if he gets cold the substrate is nice and warm. I also leave a plexiglass lid over the top to keep the humidity in.

As you can see, he's been hiding in the sphagnum moss all morning after his soak and breakfast. If anyone has any suggestions/comments, they would be greatly appreciated!

(I'm still hoping to raise the overall temps by a few degrees once the CHE arrives in the mail)

Attachments

• 1023201125.jpg
    1023201125.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 1023201127a.jpg
    1023201127a.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 1023201126.jpg
    1023201126.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 1023201127.jpg
    1023201127.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 1023201126a.jpg
    1023201126a.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

solidsounds17

Inglewood, Ca
Is your enclosure open top? I know red foots require high humidity and anything less could be detrimental to their health.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Redfoot don't really need a warmer side. They need the whole enclosure to be consistent. You want to shoot for about 84-86 all around. Make sure your che is on a thermostat as they get incredibly hot. Also, id take out the sphagnum moss. They tent to eat it and it can kill them if not careful.
You may want to include a larger hiding plant as well. Redfoot love it be in plants and it makes them feel more secure. Mine likes to do that all day lol.

Give this a read!

It looks like you also have a round bulb uvb, that is no good. It doesn't put out enough uvb to be worth it. Just a heads up if that is what your using ?

Here is my redfoots enclosure as an idea.
20201026_081552.jpg
Ignore the temp gauge lol. It dropped because i had the door open for a bit doing my clean up ?
You can kind of see her behind it though

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Redfoot don't really need a warmer side. They need the whole enclosure to be consistent. You want to shoot for about 84-86 all around. Make sure your che is on a thermostat as they get incredibly hot. Also, id take out the sphagnum moss. They tent to eat it and it can kill them if not careful.
You may want to include a larger hiding plant as well. Redfoot love it be in plants and it makes them feel more secure. Mine likes to do that all day lol.

Give this a read!

It looks like you also have a round bulb uvb, that is no good. It doesn't put out enough uvb to be worth it. Just a heads up if that is what your using ?

Here is my redfoots enclosure as an idea.
View attachment 309853
Ignore the temp gauge lol. It dropped because i had the door open for a bit doing my clean up ?
You can kind of see her behind it though
Thats an awesome idea for an enclosure ! Lol