Redfoot locality identification please.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Hi all

Over the next few days I'm going to post photos of my redfoots to see if anyone can id there locality. Then I can keep a log of them all.
Thank you. @HLogic @tortadise @cdmay @anyone else. lol

This is mabel, Had her 5 months now she's 9" carapace. Slightly pyramided. Photos make her look worse than she really is. Love her plastron. Photos are not the best of quality, Got a new phone to set up. Oh yeh and on coco mat purely for photos so don't go there. lol :D

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed.jpg

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
One of the northern populations for sure. The head with uniform yellow colored scutes and then legs with uniform scarlet say Suriname or Guyana. My guess is that Mabel was captive hatched and raised from Suriname parents.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
One of the northern populations for sure. The head with uniform yellow colored scutes and then legs with uniform scarlet say Suriname or Guyana. My guess is that Mabel was captive hatched and raised from Suriname parents.[/QUOT
Thank you, now I can look and research there natural habitat from there exact location of origin.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
One of the northern populations for sure. The head with uniform yellow colored scutes and then legs with uniform scarlet say Suriname or Guyana. My guess is that Mabel was captive hatched and raised from Suriname parents.
Thank you, now I can look and research there natural habitat from there exact location of origin.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi, this one is speedy, he has a 7" carapace, His name is quite apt, he's the liveliest tortoise I've ever known, constantly on the move checking all the females out. Struggled to get him to stop still for photo's, Never seen him once retract his head or legs. He flips himself back over with his neck instantly. Quite a character. Seems to eat a lot more fruit than the others and won't eat pinkies, only chicken or catfood for protein. This guy was my 1st tort, he was living in a cold wooden shed with a sulcata and 2 Hermann's. Sad. Thanks again . @HLogic @tortadise @cdmay If you need better photo's I'll have another go.

IMG_2313.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2322.JPG

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Hi, this one is speedy, he has a 7" carapace, His name is quite apt, he's the liveliest tortoise I've ever known, constantly on the move checking all the females out. Struggled to get him to stop still for photo's, Never seen him once retract his head or legs. He flips himself back over with his neck instantly. Quite a character. Seems to eat a lot more fruit than the others and won't eat pinkies, only chicken or catfood for protein. This guy was my 1st tort, he was living in a cold wooden shed with a sulcata and 2 Hermann's. Sad. Thanks again . @HLogic @tortadise @cdmay If you need better photo's I'll have another go.
That is a cherryhead alright!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yep that's an eastern (cherryhead) of extreme locale no idea. Seems the bigger easterns get the farther south they are found in Brazil.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
ll
Is that HUGE tail normal? If so, no wonder it was so easy to see that mine were all females.
Nice looking animals, there!
Too funny....But true.
I have 2 other males that are not quite as big. The cherryhead doesn't have a concave plastron at all. My other 2 northern males have deep concave plaston. I'll put them 2 on here tonight when I get home.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Yes. As concave as would be expected.
This cherry is only 7" so still small and maybe will develop concavity as he matures. Saying that my 2 northerns are only 8" and they have really deep plastrons.