Alana

5 Year Member
Hi all its been a while,

I have a redfoot , Yoshi, who is roughly between 7-8 years old. The past 2 weeks, periodically, I've noticed after soaking him that there is a pink-like mass that is protruding from his cloaca. It protrudes after he poops and if I lift him up to observe after a few minutes, it has retracted again. I have included pictures. What preventive care would you suggest, and should I be worried? He is alert and his appetite hasn't changed. Thanks for your help in advance

I remember @Yvonne G being the one to go to but all advice is welcome if you have answers.
His previous vet left the facility I went to so I am currently looking for another who specializes in exotic pets

Attachments

• 20230212_162854.jpg
    20230212_162854.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 4

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Har to say seeing it's not really out much. Could be either.
How old is the tort and how big? The tail is small like a females but if it's young then that would make sense to still have a small tail.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
"Prolapsed" means something has come out and won't go back in.

I believe we can say what's happening here is flashing. Might be a penis, might be some female parts.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi all its been a while,

I have a redfoot , Yoshi, who is roughly between 7-8 years old. The past 2 weeks, periodically, I've noticed after soaking him that there is a pink-like mass that is protruding from his cloaca. It protrudes after he poops and if I lift him up to observe after a few minutes, it has retracted again. I have included pictures. What preventive care would you suggest, and should I be worried? He is alert and his appetite hasn't changed. Thanks for your help in advance

I remember @Yvonne G being the one to go to but all advice is welcome if you have answers.
His previous vet left the facility I went to so I am currently looking for another who specializes in exotic pets
It definitely doesn't look like a prolapse to me. It looks a lot like the tip of the penis. Also, prolapses rarely go in and out, especially as quickly as what you have described happening.