Salad sac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I made the bag and filled it on the 17th. I rinsed a head of Escarole and a head of Redleaf lettuce, ripped out the cores, made sure they were good and wet and tossed them in the bag.

The bag is stored in the crisper and has stayed damp the entire time so far.

Lettuce pulled out this morning was crisp and clean, although some of the Redleaf had a little sliminess on a few leaves, it seems to be holding up at least as well as my old "cold soak, salad spinner, wrapped in paper towels, stored in plastic bags" technique- but easier, faster, cheaper, and 'greener'.

My bag was 2 14"x17" cheapo kitchen towels sewn along 3 sides and a drawstring threaded through the original seam. The two heads barely fill 1/2 of the bag, and the drawstring seems rather redundant- a quick flippy-twist closes it nicely.

If things are still good by the end of the week, I am going to make another bag so I can have one in the wash and one in the fridge.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Madkins007 said:
I made the bag and filled it on the 17th. I rinsed a head of Escarole and a head of Redleaf lettuce, ripped out the cores, made sure they were good and wet and tossed them in the bag.

The bag is stored in the crisper and has stayed damp the entire time so far.

Lettuce pulled out this morning was crisp and clean, although some of the Redleaf had a little sliminess on a few leaves, it seems to be holding up at least as well as my old "cold soak, salad spinner, wrapped in paper towels, stored in plastic bags" technique- but easier, faster, cheaper, and 'greener'.

My bag was 2 14"x17" cheapo kitchen towels sewn along 3 sides and a drawstring threaded through the original seam. The two heads barely fill 1/2 of the bag, and the drawstring seems rather redundant- a quick flippy-twist closes it nicely.

If things are still good by the end of the week, I am going to make another bag so I can have one in the wash and one in the fridge.

Thanks for the updates Madkins :)

I will try that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.