Sally 4 Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I took a couple pics of Sally 4 Legs today, She is 5 years old and the only Yellow Footed Tortoise that I have. The temps are dropping into the high 60s at night,so I turn the propagation pad on, which keeps the temps about 10 to 12 degrees above the outside temp in her hide. As the sun drops south it takes longer for it to get warm enough for her to start roaming around, She is the first tortoise to be moved indoors in the fall. After the leaves fall off the 2 large maple trees that are blocking the sun light and I have put the plastic over the 16x24 pen I can take her back outside on the good days.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Sally is gorgeous! A great-looking tort :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Sally looks very happy in her enclosure outside. She has a very nice shell. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sally 4 legs? I am pretty sure that was my GF's nickname in HS.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Laura said:
Nice..Id like to see more of your enclosures.. that one pic looks nice..
Laura, here is a few pics of the enclosure. The only cost was the nails and screws, all the 6x6s were in the town dumpster when they rebuilt a playground, someone replaced a deck and I got the 1x6s from the old one.Some of the 6x6s were 16 ft long, My little Ford Ranger looked like Sanford and Sons truck for the 2 mile trip home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She is a much more beautiful YF then the one I had. How did she end up with her name?

:D So nice to know, I am not the only one who raids dumps and the like. :D

Can you ID some plants for me? Picture 4: the lower left hand.
Picture 5: plants in the water? or are they on the edge of it?
Picture 6: front left

Thanks!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Jacqui said:
She is a much more beautiful YF then the one I had. How did she end up with her name?

:D So nice to know, I am not the only one who raids dumps and the like. :D

Can you ID some plants for me? Picture 4: the lower left hand.
Picture 5: plants in the water? or are they on the edge of it?
Picture 6: front left

Thanks!
pic 4, ginkgo tree, pic 5, japanese iris, that will grow just about anywhere, in water or moist soil is best, but it will do fine in any soil, these have yellow blooms,(want some seeds?) pic 6, walnut tree, the squirrels plant walnuts and pecans in the yard during the fall and winter so I dig them up and put in pots when they start to grow in the spring.The name comes from a old Clint Eastwood movie an Indian named Sally Two Trees ,This tort doesn't have trees, but does have the longest legs of any tort I have.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So I was right with guessing Ginko. Sure I would love to try a few of those seeds. Now the new question is, what kind of water turtles? I don't recall your mentioning them.

llamas55

5 Year Member
Northfield, MN
Len said:
I took a couple pics of Sally 4 Legs today, She is 5 years old and the only Yellow Footed Tortoise that I have. The temps are dropping into the high 60s at night,so I turn the propagation pad on, which keeps the temps about 10 to 12 degrees above the outside temp in her hide. As the sun drops south it takes longer for it to get warm enough for her to start roaming around, She is the first tortoise to be moved indoors in the fall. After the leaves fall off the 2 large maple trees that are blocking the sun light and I have put the plastic over the 16x24 pen I can take her back outside on the good days.

lovely flat shell!

Status
Not open for further replies.