scary roach story. YUGHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
APBT_Fanatic said:
Marty333, I did the EXACT same thing with a pincher bug when I was little (though in a cup, not a cooler)! However, mine was still very much alive. Never ever drink anything in the dark! BLECK!

They are one of the few little creatures who also freak me out.

Well I wasnt in the dark its just that you cant see into the water jug so I unknowingly drank it. Ugh and A live pincher bug YUK! Did it pinch you?

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Marty333 said:
APBT_Fanatic said:
Marty333, I did the EXACT same thing with a pincher bug when I was little (though in a cup, not a cooler)! However, mine was still very much alive. Never ever drink anything in the dark! BLECK!

They are one of the few little creatures who also freak me out.

Well I wasnt in the dark its just that you cant see into the water jug so I unknowingly drank it. Ugh and A live pincher bug YUK! Did it pinch you?

No, it didn't pinch me (oddly enough), just scared the heck out of me and thoroughly disgusted me!

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
Shelli said:
Tobi I just looked up the German and American roach..
I think I am mistaken in my previous post about being grossed out by the American Roach those appear to be the big ones I'm scared of them but not grossed out...
So the ones that gross me out appear to be the smaller German Roach...
Yuck!!
I think the only way to get rid of them is to seal all the cracks up but if you say they are coming up through drains that's going to be hard...
Boric Acid is supposed to be good...

but the ones i see outside are huge idk i just hate them so much i think something terrible happened to me when i was young that i cant remember.. i mean no joke when i see one my heart rate goes up i cant breath and i can feel my heart coming out of my chest, i know thats not normal cuz i dont get like that w/ anything else... so maybe i should seek therapy lol

laura808

5 Year Member
not able to leave comments for now
Marty333: AHHHHH why did you say the thing about the roach in your mouth?!?!?!?! I could almost feel how it felt to you when I read your reply!! AGHHH gross! Hey, your in band? What instrument do you play? I play flute. :p

Tom: On Oahu the chameleons arnt as plentiful as on Maui. I have never seen one in the wild but once my friend said she caught one near my house. It was pretty big! Jacksons are an invasive species here.

APBT_Fanatic: yuck! Those giant roaches are EVERYWHERE here! Which Island were you on?

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
laura808 said:
Marty333: AHHHHH why did you say the thing about the roach in your mouth?!?!?!?! I could almost feel how it felt to you when I read your reply!! AGHHH gross! Hey, your in band? What instrument do you play? I play flute. :p

Tom: On Oahu the chameleons arnt as plentiful as on Maui. I have never seen one in the wild but once my friend said she caught one near my house. It was pretty big! Jacksons are an invasive species here.

APBT_Fanatic: yuck! Those giant roaches are EVERYWHERE here! Which Island were you on?

We started on Maui, then went to Molokia which is where I saw the cockroach. Thankfully I only saw one cockroach. Also saw some pretty cool huge toads (were told by one person they were poisonous, then another person said they were not.... so we just watched them hop all over and did not disturb them). :p

We didn't see any Chameleons on Maui, but some cute little lizzard/geckos!--

l_1dbc697c22a43ef0b7cee5163c18eb11.jpg

l_341bebd2e4929477ff0c0613333184dc.jpg

This poor guy was on one of the islands too. If I remember correctly it was Maui.--

l_7370d4bf24075e96a50674654e6c780f.jpg

Marty333

10 Year Member!
laura808 said:

Lol Sorry :p I use to be in band but now I am homeschooled but I played tuba and loved it :D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Marty~I wondered if you were home schooled because of the times you post. My son did H/S his freshman year because he got mono and missed 6 weeks. It was the only way he could catch up.
It was a great program I wish he would go back to it. He went to school two or three days a week and was still able to play basketball because it was through the school district.
Laura~ sorry to high jack your thread, but I didn't think you would mind as it is getting a little off topic anyway and is a fun tread:)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
The mono was bad but after about 3 months he was back to normal. And thank goodness didn't miss a basketball season. Basketball is very important to him. Do you have a good program in your area? Hmmm...Maybe I should start a new thread..... Sorry again Laura.

Pinsherbugs are really bad here. Is there any way to get rid of them? Okay back on topic :)

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Yeah we have something Called Florida Virtual School and then it branches of into counties so right now I am in the Seminole County Virtual School I have an anxiety disorder and just recently it got out of control reason unknown. Hopefully I will be able to start up real school next year but I kind of like this virtual school :)

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Marty....
You will get an A in 'tortoise'... lol
Is your name Katerina or Marta?

We are moving again I hope our new place doesn't have any roaches I'm getting tired of bugs especially mosquito's.. :(

RianSeeking

5 Year Member
Spokane, Washington
I wish I were brave enough to home school my little people.

And I never knew roaches could fly until I moved to Virginia for a few years.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
APBT_Fanatic said:
laura808 said:

We started on Maui, then went to Molokia which is where I saw the cockroach. Thankfully I only saw one cockroach. Also saw some pretty cool huge toads (were told by one person they were poisonous, then another person said they were not.... so we just watched them hop all over and did not disturb them). :p

We didn't see any Chameleons on Maui, but some cute little lizzard/geckos!--

l_1dbc697c22a43ef0b7cee5163c18eb11.jpg

l_341bebd2e4929477ff0c0613333184dc.jpg

This poor guy was on one of the islands too. If I remember correctly it was Maui.--

l_7370d4bf24075e96a50674654e6c780f.jpg

Those lizards are Carolna anoles ("American chameleon")...got lots of 'em around here.

Living out in Da Boonies as we do, I control the bug population with 6 of these, feely roaming our house:

bluexyellowgranite.jpg

Nasty tempered but excellently voracious bug eaters and VERY inclined to bite, but only if you try picking them up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually, the picture of that bovine is a picture of a cow...female bovine, with a ruptured umbilical. You can see her udder if you look closely. My daughter's cow looks EXACTLY like that one. She's never had a calf and that's why the udder is so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.