Colinpv

Location (City and/or State)
peeples valley, Arizona
About 6 months ago i rescued a sulcata.... well up until last night, i thought it was a desert tortoise (im clearly not knowledgeable on the subject even though i tried my best) and i have no means of creating the proper environment for this poor little guy. i sadly sunk any money i had into setting up a nice, desert enclosure for him. And beyond that, He needs someone who can take the proper care of him and make sure he doesnt just survive, but has a extremely good life. here are some pictures:
PLEASE help if you can. i live in peeples valley, AZ and have very little money and very little options for help.
If you read this, and also know about box turtles, i need some help there also. mainly need some assistance to know if they are ok or not

laz1.jpg laz2.jpg

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
About 6 months ago i rescued a sulcata.... well up until last night, i thought it was a desert tortoise (im clearly not knowledgeable on the subject even though i tried my best) and i have no means of creating the proper environment for this poor little guy. i sadly sunk any money i had into setting up a nice, desert enclosure for him. And beyond that, He needs someone who can take the proper care of him and make sure he doesnt just survive, but has a extremely good life. here are some pictures:
PLEASE help if you can. i live in peeples valley, AZ and have very little money and very little options for help.
If you read this, and also know about box turtles, i need some help there also. mainly need some assistance to know if they are ok or not

Attachments

• laz2.jpg
    laz2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • laz1.jpg
    laz1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44

tortoiseplanet

Earth
He is very pyramided :(
If you don’t find anyone in your area to rehome him to, I’ll be happy to give him a new home and the proper care he needs if you are willing to ship him overnight.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sure hope someone can step in and help. Poor lil guy with such pyramiding already. Have you been providing daily soaks?

Best of luck to your lil guy.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
Sure hope someone can step in and help. Poor lil guy with such pyramiding already. Have you been providing daily soaks?

Best of luck to your lil guy.
i was not aware of daily soaks, and was very ill equipped for taking the proper care he needs... i have found a rescue about an hour away that is already prepping his new home, along with my box turtles to. i love these little guys with ALL of my heart, but i just cant provide what they need, especially in such a cold climate

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
He is very pyramided :(
If you don’t find anyone in your area to rehome him to, I’ll be happy to give him a new home and the proper care he needs if you are willing to ship him overnight.
i REALLY appreciate it friend <3
i have found them a new home with someone with a ton of experience with this specific breed. they are going to get EVERYTHING they need, starting tomorrow morning when i drop them off. it breaks my heart a million ways, but its whats best... i just couldnt provide them what they need. especially not knowing it was a sulcata until last night. thank you!

tortoiseplanet

Earth
i REALLY appreciate it friend <3
i have found them a new home with someone with a ton of experience with this specific breed. they are going to get EVERYTHING they need, starting tomorrow morning when i drop them off. it breaks my heart a million ways, but its whats best... i just couldnt provide them what they need. especially not knowing it was a sulcata until last night. thank you!

No problem,
Hope the little guy grows big with success. Good luck!!

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
I can't take your Sulcatta, but I hope you find a good home. Maybe someone in AZ. I am in NC. I do know about box turtles though having had them for many years. my e-mail is [email protected] if you want to contact me.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
I can't take your Sulcatta, but I hope you find a good home. Maybe someone in AZ. I am in NC. I do know about box turtles though having had them for many years. my e-mail is [email protected] if you want to contact me.
thank you so much friend... i got ahold of a tortoise/box turtle rescue this morning and i have found a proper home for them all. i highly appreciate it though!

Vchyman

5 Year Member
New york
thank you so much friend... i got ahold of a tortoise/box turtle rescue this morning and i have found a proper home for them all. i highly appreciate it though!
Colin, what tortoise rescue did you find? I have been researching rescues for my guy and have had no luck because I am so paranoid due to all the crazies out there.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
Colin, what tortoise rescue did you find? I have been researching rescues for my guy and have had no luck because I am so paranoid due to all the crazies out there.
sorry for the late reply friend! i didnt even see any notifications for replies.... i found the Phoenix Herpetological society, and they are absolutely great and have hundreds of different turtles, torts, and snakes! they have a option to sponsor your little buddy for 25 dollars a month, and basically that means its your tort just living elsewhere.... here is the link! they are based out of phoenix, AZ but they may have partners or solutions for you, being in new york (at least thats what your profile says haha)
http://www.phoenixherp.com/