Shell Rot Or Fungas? *PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Is this Shell rot or fungus infection? I think is shell rot. This is my plan to treat it
dry out bedding
betadine soak once
athletes foot cream daily
daily soaks
will vitashell help?
how long will it take for him to heal?

Attachments

• DSCN5008.JPG
    DSCN5008.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 136
  • DSCN5009.JPG
    DSCN5009.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 123
  • DSCN5010.JPG
    DSCN5010.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 126

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Are you talking about the white lines . If so that is new growth that is a good thing . I am not seeing any shell rot or fungus.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Are you talking about the white lines . If so that is new growth that is a good thing . I am not seeing any shell rot or fungus.

No the little spots/speckles. and also a small dent on this bridge (side)

RussianTortoiseCraze123 said:
mike taylor said:

No the little spots/speckles. and also a small dent on this bridge (side)
heres anthor pic

Attachments

• DSCN5011.JPG
    DSCN5011.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 88
  • DSCN5012.JPG
    DSCN5012.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 68

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
The pic of the plastron, and the top of the shell look like new growth to me. But the dent doesn't look normal. Sorry I can't help as to what it is though. Could you get a clearer pic? Has the tort had a fall or fight?

Hmm... the shot of the anal scutes has made me wonder too. Compared to other torts of that species, is the shell more frayed than others?

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
LeopardTortLover said:
The pic of the plastron, and the top of the shell look like new growth to me. But the dent doesn't look normal. Sorry I can't help as to what it is though. Could you get a clearer pic? Has the tort had a fall or fight?

Hmm... the shot of the anal scutes has made me wonder too. Compared to other torts of that species, is the shell more frayed than others?

I dont think so. he may have fallen off the log tho.. but i dont think it would cause that. Ya sure thing.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would pm these pics.to Yvonne G. She gas been keeping this type of tortoise for years and knows the answers to your questions.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
I would pm these pics.to Yvonne G. She gas been keeping this type of tortoise for years and knows the answers to your questions.

ok thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The white squiggly lines all over the shell are normal and nothing to worry about. We've talked about it a lot here and no one has come up with any good answer as to what they are. I was told a long time ago the it was calcium working its way through the shell, but that sounds kinda' dumb to me.

As to the dent on the edge of the shell. That doesn't look normal, however I don't know what it is. I don't think it's shell rot or fungus, but treating it with athlete foot cream won't hurt. At that age they are pretty soft, maybe he has a bit of an injury in that spot.

Sorry I can't be more help.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
The white squiggly lines all over the shell are normal and nothing to worry about. We've talked about it a lot here and no one has come up with any good answer as to what they are. I was told a long time ago the it was calcium working its way through the shell, but that sounds kinda' dumb to me.

As to the dent on the edge of the shell. That doesn't look normal, however I don't know what it is. I don't think it's shell rot or fungus, but treating it with athlete foot cream won't hurt. At that age they are pretty soft, maybe he has a bit of an injury in that spot.

Ok thank you so much! Now he can have his fogger back! I just get so paranoid about my lil torts! Ok. Ya, he does love to climb and slide down his hides and logs, so maybe that did it. Its fine! You helped me tons :)

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:

Can you tell what the anal scute is? Like is it anything to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.