shipping nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I'm sooooooooooo happy everything turned out well for you Jessica...thought up a name yet?:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jessicap said:
yagyujubei said:
Great to see all is well. I hope you have demanded a partial refund from UPS. You paid for overnight, but didn't get it.

Yes I will be doing that.

I assume that they will consider it, "an act of God" and beyond their control and not pay. They never pay for late deliveries here, even tho they guarantee folks they will be here by 10:30am knowing full well it will not be until atleast 4pm that they deliver.

Just so glad he arrived and is doing well. Looks like a wonderful animal and well worth all your months of waiting.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Congrats I am glad your nightmare is over she looks great:) I got a full refund on mine the next day a guarantee is a guarantee you should get what you paid for shipping

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
So happy it all worked out! I have been keeping up with this thread and anxious for her to arrive, she really is beautiful!!!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I am so happy for you Jessica...Praise God she arrived safely! She looks so beautiful! Yes, can't wait to hear the name you picked for her. Yes, for mechanical issues that first night, I would demand a full refund as you are entitled to it. However, for any weather delays they do not give refunds as that is out of their control.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Good to see a happy ending!

I was caught in a similiar situation only in mid January a couple years ago. Needless the say I did not have a happy ending and the snake passed on.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Yay Jessica! She is beautiful! Now if you could just get those stress-hours back! I'll be drinking a toast to tortoise resiliance tonight:)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
That is great news!! Your baby is beautiful!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So happy everything worked out for you.

That is one of the most gorgeous tortoises I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for more pics.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
She's beautiful Jessica, and now you can rest easy, and just enjoy her. Great enclosure! I love that cave.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow, she is beautiful!!!
I'm so glad she's doing well :) What a relief!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Yea! I hold my breath everytime I see an update. So glad she is and with you.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Yea! I hold my breath everytime I see an update. So glad she is and with you.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:
So happy everything worked out for you.

That is one of the most gorgeous tortoises I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for more pics.

+1 those photos make me want one!

That's an Ibera Greek? (sorry I have no clue)

EricIvins

5 Year Member
yagyujubei said:
Great to see all is well. I hope you have demanded a partial refund from UPS. You paid for overnight, but didn't get it.

You won't get any refund - It was a weather delay, and the weather involved was incredibly severe.........Grand Father in Tennessee got to see his whole neihborhood destroyed.......

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
EricIvins said:
yagyujubei said:

You won't get any refund - It was a weather delay, and the weather involved was incredibly severe.........Grand Father in Tennessee got to see his whole neihborhood destroyed.......

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfathers neighborhood. Those storms were really bad, and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were affected.

Thanks everyone! She is beautiful isn't she... lol. I had named her Claire but becuase of all the trouble we had getting her here, we thought a name associated with her travels would be appropriate. It is just hard to think of one when I have been calling her Claire for the past 2 months :D

Status
Not open for further replies.