shipping nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Storm would be cool since it was all the storms that caused all this.

allenleaann

5 Year Member
Arlington, Texas
Sorry to hear about your worries! Seems like sometimes we have more than we can deal with, but things have a way of working themselves out. Your little one will arrive just fine! So very fortunate he/she's headed to a loving home!

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
dalano73 said:

I like Storm, but that is my horses name... lol

That's an Ibera Greek? (sorry I have no clue)
[/quote]

Yes, she is an Ibera. Keith just had more babies hatch :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Jessicap said:
dalano73 said:

I like Storm, but that is my horses name... lol

Okay, can't have two Storms in the family...I am sure you will figure out a great name..

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I almost teared up a bit when I got to the post that she arrived safely!!! I was so incredibly anxious when I was waiting for my baby tort to be shipped last year, and we didn't have any delays! I'm so happy that she is safe & you all will have many happy years together :D

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Beautiful tortoise! I'm really glad that everything worked out.

I feel horrible that I didn't read this thread while it was going on. I work for UPS out of the Phoenix hub. In fact there is a good chance that I gave her a ride from the hub to the airport. I am not sure what type of "mechanical" problem would have delayed her. I wish I would have known this was going on though because I could have at least tried to get my hands on the package if it was really still in Phoenix all that time.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Well now I know who to PM when one of my packages get stuck in the Phoenix hub lol.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
JeffG said:
I feel horrible that I didn't read this thread while it was going on. I work for UPS out of the Phoenix hub. In fact there is a good chance that I gave her a ride from the hub to the airport. I am not sure what type of "mechanical" problem would have delayed her. I wish I would have known this was going on though because I could have at least tried to get my hands on the package if it was really still in Phoenix all that time.

lol... when I posted I was hoping someone worked or knew someone one who worked for UPS but at least now we know for next time. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Could name it Wendi (if it turns out to be a female) or Windover (if a male for the wind over KY kept him from flying out). :D

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I would go with Wednesday for a name since that's the day she finally arrived. Or Phoenix.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I was thinking Tornado...in memory of the 200+ killed by the flurry of tornadoes while she was in transit!

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Jessicap said:
I had named her Claire but becuase of all the trouble we had getting her here, we thought a name associated with her travels would be appropriate. It is just hard to think of one when I have been calling her Claire for the past 2 months :D

You could go with Odysseus if it's a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.