Sick burmese star

braige thomas

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville TENNESSEE
So i have 3 other stars that are not sick only this guy the littlest of the group is bubbling at the nose I've has this happen before with my first 2 stars and it was because the temps had gotten to low
But now I have a Pvc enclosure which stays around 80 at night and around 85 to 90 through out the day so I'm wondering how only he got sick snd how I can fix him humidity 80 to 90%

Attachments

• 20240627_171955.jpg
    20240627_171955.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240627_171956.jpg
    20240627_171956.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240627_171959.jpg
    20240627_171959.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 1

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
What are u using for thermometers?
Do u have an infrared heat gun? Check floor level temps with that.
Do they all sleep in the same area?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you sure it's not just a one time thing? After a drink maybe? Dust? A piece of grass or something went up his nose?
Bump the temps like Chubbs the tegu said and see if it actually happens again or if it continues.

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
What are u using for thermometers?
Do u have an infrared heat gun? Check floor level temps with that.
Do they all sleep in the same area?
Usual yes they sleep all together I have a laser heat gun and 2 thermometers at each end if the tank and it's always aleast 80 mabye 79 on the ground under the plants and stuff here lately the sick one has been going off at the other end of the tank and sleeping alone

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
Are you sure it's not just a one time thing? After a drink maybe? Dust? A piece of grass or something went up his nose?
Bump the temps like Chubbs the tegu said and see if it actually happens again or if it continues.
Thanks I turned it up a couple degrees in my whole house so it will stay warmer for them it only really drops once I get below 70 in the whole house and I haven't noticed him being sick lately but he has been bubbly all day today

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks I turned it up a couple degrees in my whole house so it will stay warmer for them it only really drops once I get below 70 in the whole house and I haven't noticed him being sick lately but he has been bubbly all day today
Just check to if you can, that there isn't something in one of the nostrils.
Upping the temp for at least a week past all symptoms are gone should work. Seems you caught it right away.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Usual yes they sleep all together I have a laser heat gun and 2 thermometers at each end if the tank and it's always aleast 80 mabye 79 on the ground under the plants and stuff here lately the sick one has been going off at the other end of the tank and sleeping alone
I would bump up to 85. Once the symptoms are gone i would keep it at 82