Signs of shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
Just came home and Saw puck and noticed he had a scale that was pointing straight up like a arrow head, puck who was looking bothered to me, kept retracting into his shell, I think trying to push the scale down. I know better not to touch it! Should I just leave him be? Thanks so much! :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It's normal. Torts shed their skin constantly unlike snakes that do it in one go. It is most likely to rub off naturally as he pushes through plants in the enclosure. Soaking doesn't always help... if anything it can dry the skin further. Just leave it to wear off naturally

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
It's normal. Torts shed their skin constantly unlike snakes that do it in one go. It is most likely to rub off naturally as he pushes through plants in the enclosure. Soaking doesn't always help... if anything it can dry the skin further. Just leave it to wear off naturally

Okay I wish I heard this earlier, haha. I gave puck a soak and either the scale fell off or it got pushed down. Either way he seems more calm. Ill make sure to leave him be next time. Thanks everyone!

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Obviously the soak helped. I don't think it would of dried him out more. He's fine

Plus you should be soaking antways

Status
Not open for further replies.