Some spring outside pics

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
It's getting nicer outside. Can't wait for the move further down south though. Still haven't been able to put a lot of the torts outside full time. But the bigger ones are enjoying it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This one was cool. Native box turtle decided she liked it at the sanctuary better than the wild. Somehow got into one of the outdoor pens. I released her in the forest by the creek. She was cool.image.jpg

ShannonC

South Carolina
Who wouldn't like a free place to live while having your every need taken care of?????? And you went a kicked him out!!!!! LOL

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Who wouldn't like a free place to live while having your every need taken care of?????? And you went a kicked him out!!!!! LOL
Well it's hard yes releasing them. But knowing the chances are much better for wild populations with her in the wild an no limitations makes me happier than with the ones inside the walls. But we do have a wonderful release program with Texas parks and wildlife in a state park that's governed by army corp of engineers for box turtles. Love the spring for that reason. One day I'll be a good forum member and post a video of it.