South Florida cold snap

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My two outdoors RF have come inside and are now in my wife's "bird room." There is an unusual combination of cold. Below 60 degrees. Closer to 50 degrees and cold rain. As you can see I don't do this much. It ain't high tech.

Attachments

• image_75.png
    image_75.png
    877.4 KB · Views: 63

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Ok, we dont have to tell the torts it's not high tech, they will never know. Weatherbug says it should be in the 70's tomorrow.
Good thing for the bird room.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Yep, my grandmother just broke out the chili, haha. This weather sucks. It makes it so much worse when its raining all day on top of it. This is NOT reptile weather :-/.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Sorry, I feel for you all experiencing super cold weather.
I dont know how you guys do it. I see it on TV, all that snow.
My husband is originally from NY & we will probably never
take a wintery vacation. In Florida women break out the boots just to
be fashionable in 50 degree weather.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
While I do feel for you, I am so excited that we are going to be getting a 50 degree day. :) What one celebrates as a hot day, some of you are seeing as a horribly cold one. Heck I am celebrating us just finally getting back into a day time high above 32.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm with you Jacqui. Sounds like we are sharing the same temps. However, we are getting missed by all the snow, WOOHOO.
The wind chill here has been bone chilling. This weekend will feel like a heat wave, 40's

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We are just barely hitting 70 every day over here. Blechhhh... Not good tortoise weather. Looking forward to some 80s again soon.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In was 101 in Tombouctou Africa today. All the wild sulcatas are hanging out underground waiting for the rains to return...

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
The coldest I've ever been was -20'sF snow-skiing in WV last year. They said the windchill was in the -40's…..I NEVER want to be that cold again! I'm FBB, Florida Bred and Born, haha. :p
I'm from Colorado so I'm used to cold. I was skiing once in -60° weather. we quit after about an hour, went to the ski lodge and drink hot chocolate and Bailys the rest of the day.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
A cold snap??!! I would pay for "just a cold snap". I got excited last night cause the temp was going to be 45!! Here in Tennessee it's been cold and rainy, haven't seen the sun in a week or so. I can't wait to get moved to south Flordia, I will take a cold snap over 5 months of cold, rain, and gloom anytime. Lol. Of course I guess when your use to warmer weather a cold snap is a pain in the butt. Count yourself and your torts lucky, I can't wait till I move.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Thought you might enjoy this pic, my neighbor snapped a pic of a gator sunning himself today.
Behind our back fence is a canal. 2014-12-12 14.13.58.png

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I'm in souther ca. And we only drop to the 40s sometimes the 30s that's rare. I keep my red foot outside even if the nights dip down in the 50s. She does fine and bask the next day to warm up. I use to take her in. But she seems to handle low night temps fairly well

Kyle

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Every time I go outside I hope it's warmer than the day before and weather is all like theshining-nope.jpg

kmartin

central Florida
Well it dropped into the30/40's last night in central Florida. Considered hibernation. I consider the 50's freezing, and so do my tortoises. Even my box turtles dug in and disappeared yesterday. Everyone else is inside waiting for warmer weather to return. Maybe tomorrow....

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
The cold snap seems to be continuing. I wish it was just a snap.
My cherryheads don't like coming in at night.