Sulcata baby nose bubbles

zeus6626

Location (City and/or State)
hyderabad
Hey guys ,

I have observed some bubbles on my baby Sulcata’s nose last night , I found some bubbles being formed in the morning after soak , just now in the evening I have captured this photos please take a look .

For context : the substrate is oak wood bark , the temps are basking :115 , warm side : 95 , cool side (near hide) : 87 , I am feeding him mulberry leaves , hibiscus leaves and bunch of weeds from garden .

Please help , I am from India , there is no vet here who has knowledge around tortoises .

Attachments

• IMG_9090.jpeg
    IMG_9090.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9091.jpeg
    IMG_9091.jpeg
    658.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9092.jpeg
    IMG_9092.jpeg
    645 KB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey guys ,

I have observed some bubbles on my baby Sulcata’s nose last night , I found some bubbles being formed in the morning after soak , just now in the evening I have captured this photos please take a look .

For context : the substrate is oak wood bark , the temps are basking :115 , warm side : 95 , cool side (near hide) : 87 , I am feeding him mulberry leaves , hibiscus leaves and bunch of weeds from garden .

Please help , I am from India , there is no vet here who has knowledge around tortoises .
-Basking area directly under the bulb should only be 95-100F (36-37C). You need to raise the bulb or lower the wattage. The other temps are on the high side, but okay.
-How cool does the enclosure get at night when the lights are all off?
-What substrate are you using?
-What type of enclosure? Closed chamber or open table?
-What type of light bulbs? UV? What type of UV bulb?

Pictures of the enclosure will help us identify and correct the problem.

zeus6626

hyderabad
-Basking area directly under the bulb should only be 95-100F (36-37C). You need to raise the bulb or lower the wattage. The other temps are on the high side, but okay.
-How cool does the enclosure get at night when the lights are all off?
-What substrate are you using?
-What type of enclosure? Closed chamber or open table?
-What type of light bulbs? UV? What type of UV bulb?

Pictures of the enclosure will help us identify and correct the problem.
Hey Tom ,

At night the least it gets to is 23C (73.4) least I am talking about at like 2-3 am midnight.

I am using orchid bark

It is fully closed

I give him like 1 hr daily sun time.

Attachments

• IMG_9093.jpeg
    IMG_9093.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0