Swollen head

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Seems like her head has been swelling up this last week sometimes more noticeable than others here's a vid where you can see her head and neck are rounded on top which I don't recall her being that way when I got her a month ago but her eye swelling has gone down some which started 2 or 3 weeks ago... I took out the UV Florissant tube for a week or so which seem to help...not sure if the head is swelling cause I put it back...?

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Seems like her head has been swelling up this last week sometimes more noticeable than others here's a vid where you can see her head and neck are rounded on top which I don't recall her being that way when I got her a month ago but her eye swelling has gone down some which started 2 or 3 weeks ago... I took out the UV Florissant tube for a week or so which seem to help...not sure if the head is swelling cause I put it back...?20200512_114419.jpg

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Seems like her head has been swelling up this last week sometimes more noticeable than others here's a vid where you can see her head and neck are rounded on top which I don't recall her being that way when I got her a month ago but her eye swelling has gone down some which started 2 or 3 weeks ago... I took out the UV Florissant tube for a week or so which seem to help...not sure if the head is swelling cause I put it back...?View attachment 294209
temperatures are 86 in her enclosure in 92 at the Basking spot humidities high-80s low-90s she gets fresh grass grape leaves spring mix Cactus pad everyday sometimes they switch it up a little and adding some Carrot Tops and take out one of the other ingredients or weeds 4 old female leopard she gets UV from a T5 high output 24 in fluorescent light for 3 hours a day then led the rest of the afternoon and is 65 watt flood bulb for Basking

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
May I ask, put it back, her head? Can you explain please.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I am not sure what is wrong. The video isn't working for me. I read your loss of your other leopard. I am sorry about that. Hopefully an expert can help you. Is he still eating, pooping ECT.. ok?

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I am not sure what is wrong. The video isn't working for me. I read your loss of your other leopard. I am sorry about that. Hopefully an expert can help you. Is he still eating, pooping ECT.. ok?
Eats and poops....lately been pooping a little less and also started eating her poop a few days ago

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Just so you know...the reason your video won't work is because the ability to upload videos is reserved for members who have helped support TFO financially.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
What you can do is upload a video to YouTube. Then get a link, and paste it into a post. That way we can see what's wrong with the walking.
Walking????... she doesn't seem to have a problem walking it's just that her head looked a little swollen to me but then again she's been getting fat lately the only thing different I've noticed about her in the last week is in the last couple days she tucks her head away when she's basking or sleeping which before she would just lay her head out and let it all hang out completely relaxed

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
What you can do is upload a video to YouTube. Then get a link, and paste it into a post. That way we can see what's wrong with the walking.
The only thing I can think of is the UV light which I've cut back to about 3 hours a day after taking it away from her for over a week her eyes looked better they still look better than they did but now her neck is swelling a little I just figured the food or the light temps are good diet is good substrates good was thinking about taking the UV away from her again and just put her outside in the sun like for maybe 20 minutes 3 times a week

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Walking????... she doesn't seem to have a problem walking it's just that her head looked a little swollen to me but then again she's been getting fat lately the only thing different I've noticed about her in the last week is in the last couple days she tucks her head away when she's basking or sleeping which before she would just lay her head out and let it all hang out completely relaxed
She's getting fat or he body is swollen? Can you take some better pictures of her head and the a front view with her head out?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Walking????... she doesn't seem to have a problem walking...

Sorry about the walking statement... I don't know where that came from.

The pic from the video that you keep posting is very poor quality. It's so blurry I can't really see her head or neck. Could you take a couple new ones in good light?

If you take her out for sunshine often enough, you are correct--you wouldn't need the UVB bulb. Are you using a tube fluorescent type? If you are, it really shouldn't be bothering her eyes.

If you are using a curly or compact type, they are the ones that hurt eyes.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Ju
Sorry about the walking statement... I don't know where that came from.

The pic from the video that you keep posting is very poor quality. It's so blurry I can't really see her head or neck. Could you take a couple new ones in good light?

If you take her out for sunshine often enough, you are correct--you wouldn't need the UVB bulb. Are you using a tube fluorescent type? If you are, it really shouldn't be bothering her eyes.

If you are using a curly or compact type, they are the ones that hurt eyes.
No just the 5.0 ho...so I took a pic of her from the same angle the breeder took and she looks normal....first pic is his before he sent her....second pic is bad angle and third pic same angle as his both 2nd and 3rd pic taken earlier tonight...thumbnail.jpeg2.jpgthumbnail.jpeg2.jpg20200513_182207.jpg20200513_182023.jpg