Tallula's measurement !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This is specifically for Danny (and so that I don't hijack poor Lynn's thread again haha) and anyone that's interested :D

I measured Tallula last night after MUCH feistiness from her wanting to run around,
she is about 3 and 3/4 inches, not yet 4 inches, in length....have to test the width out another time !!! So hopefully she is healthy :p I still have to buy a scale to weigh her!

sendie

10 Year Member!
Lake Jackson, TX
How do you measure them? I'm feeling the need ;)
No, really because I have a feeling my 2 Black Mountain torts aren't growing right :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
sendie said:
How do you measure them? I'm feeling the need ;)
No, really because I have a feeling my 2 Black Mountain torts aren't growing right :(

The Manouria grows to be a pretty big tortoise, however, it takes them a LONG time to get there. I have 6 that I have had since they hatched. They are now 10 or 11 years old, and are still only a little over a foot long. Compared to the growth of a sulcata or an aldabran, the Manouria is a very slow growing tortoise.

You measure them from front to back in a straight line. From the front edge of the carapace right above the head, to the back edge of the carapage right above the tail. Don't let the tape measure curve over the carapage. The best way to do it is to place the tortoise up against the wall with his head withdrawn then mark the back edge with a pencil and measure from the wall to the pencil mark without the tortoise in the way.

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I am going to do it the paper and pencil way for Tallula's width measurement hehe, hopefully she'll be sleepy and not energetic marathon runner!! Lol
I bought a scale last night !! YAY! But did not think about buying a battery haha, so must get the 9v battery today so I can weigh her tonight :D YIPPY!

Status
Not open for further replies.