Temporary Closed Chamber Help!

rei2rei

Location (City and/or State)
USA
I’m currently waiting on my new closed chamber from Animal Plastics. It’s not supposed to arrive for about 10 weeks and I’m not handy enough with wood to make my own. Until then, I’m trying to make my glass aquarium as efficient as possible. Right now the plan is to cover the whole mesh top of my glass aquarium in tin foil. Cut holes thru tin foil (just a little bigger then the bulbs) and set the light/heat domes over the holes on the tin foil. Is this the best way to do it? I need to keep my humidity around 80%.

Team Gomberg also make a post a while back of their setup. I’m hoping to achieve something similar to theirs! They used a clear plastic, taped it down onto their aquarium top, and put tin foil around the lights. Would this be a better setup? If so, what type of clear plastic would be best?
(This is their post https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/tweaks-on-my-closed-chamber.70057/)

And in a setup like this, there is no way my little dude could suffocate, right? I’m absolutely paranoid about that!

Is there anything else I can try or you all would recommend me doing? Attached is a photo of the current setup. A few things inside have changed since this photo, but you can see what I’m working with!

Attachments

• enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 55

Melis

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I’m currently waiting on my new closed chamber from Animal Plastics. It’s not supposed to arrive for about 10 weeks and I’m not handy enough with wood to make my own. Until then, I’m trying to make my glass aquarium as efficient as possible. Right now the plan is to cover the whole mesh top of my glass aquarium in tin foil. Cut holes thru tin foil (just a little bigger then the bulbs) and set the light/heat domes over the holes on the tin foil. Is this the best way to do it? I need to keep my humidity around 80%.

Team Gomberg also make a post a while back of their setup. I’m hoping to achieve something similar to theirs! They used a clear plastic, taped it down onto their aquarium top, and put tin foil around the lights. Would this be a better setup? If so, what type of clear plastic would be best?
(This is their post https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/tweaks-on-my-closed-chamber.70057/)

And in a setup like this, there is no way my little dude could suffocate, right? I’m absolutely paranoid about that!

Is there anything else I can try or you all would recommend me doing? Attached is a photo of the current setup. A few things inside have changed since this photo, but you can see what I’m working with!
The screen blocks out the uv. You would have to cut holes in the screen for the lights and then wrap with foil.