Thank you all

MarcJacob

Location (City and/or State)
Tallinn
I just wanted to come on here to thank all of the people who replied and helped me on this tragedy for the past 2 days. Also I appreciate everybody here and who made this place. Unfortunately we got word from the vet yesterday that they think Kilpu/kilps (my tortoise) has passed away. Reptile vet is coming tomorrow and we will take a visit there also, just to know the cause and just maybe just maybe to check if theres still any sign of life, a heartbeat or pulse since the regular vet couldn’t check that. Is it possible for the tortoise to be in a coma for that long? If yes then we need a miracle

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I just wanted to come on here to thank all of the people who replied and helped me on this tragedy for the past 2 days. Also I appreciate everybody here and who made this place. Unfortunately we got word from the vet yesterday that they think Kilpu/kilps (my tortoise) has passed away. Reptile vet is coming tomorrow and we will take a visit there also, just to know the cause and just maybe just maybe to check if theres still any sign of life, a heartbeat or pulse since the regular vet couldn’t check that. Is it possible for the tortoise to be in a coma for that long? If yes then we need a miracle
Hello!
There is one story about tortoise going back and forth between life and death for a year or so - a story of a redfooted tortoise named Big Bertha (you can find this story on the forum). That story had a happy ending. So I wish such miracle could happen and for Kilpu/Kilps.

You are always welcome here for any advice and with any question you might have.

MarcJacob

Tallinn
Hello!
There is one story about tortoise going back and forth between life and death for a year or so - a story of a redfooted tortoise named Big Bertha (you can find this story on the forum). That story had a happy ending. So I wish such miracle could happen and for Kilpu/Kilps.

You are always welcome here for any advice and with any question you might have.
Thank you so much, means a lot

MarcJacob

Tallinn
Hello!

Should I keep her heated? Soak her every know and then?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Should I keep her heated? Soak her every know and then?
Keep her in a lukewarm (30-31C) water. You may place a water container near the heatlamp (not directly under it). And then bring her to the vet (maybe with some warm water bottles in a box). Chances are low, to be honest, but if she is still alive this may help.

MarcJacob

Tallinn
Keep her in a lukewarm (30-31C) water. You may place a water container near the heatlamp (not directly under it). And then bring her to the vet (maybe with some warm water bottles in a box). Chances are low, to be honest, but if she is still alive this may help.
Will do, but the reptile vet is currently not in town and will arrive tomorrow. So I could only get an appointment tomorrow. Yesterday we went to a regular vet and they thought it was dead, but im still a little bit skeptical. Should I do warm water and then tomorrow go reptile vet?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Will do, but the reptile vet is currently not in town and will arrive tomorrow. So I could only get an appointment tomorrow. Yesterday we went to a regular vet and they thought it was dead, but im still a little bit skeptical. Should I do warm water and then tomorrow go reptile vet?
I think you should go to the exotics vet to get a definitive answer (and maybe run some tests to understand why she went in coma).

No need to keep her in warm water overnight - 2 hours is enough to rehydrate her. But she should stay warm (29-30C) through the night.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Is it possible for the tortoise to be in a coma for that long?
I think @ZEROPILOT has some experience with this if I am not mistaken. But checking the pulse of your tortoise will get you a definitive answer. Until then, do what Alex recommends. It is sad you have to go through this and the regular vet wasn't able to help you :(