The negligence of some people is truly astounding

Xyelem

Location (City and/or State)
Omaha, NE
I know the title is a little judgmental, but I promise it is not without cause. So, my therapist texted me the other day because her friends rescued a tortoise and she knows how much I love my Russian. I gave her some resources to pass along to her friend and she sent me some update today. Y’all. This is crazy. This poor tortoise. Some people should not be allowed to own pets. Pennies? PENNIES??? I don’t even understand how that happens. And like, I don’t have a sulcata because I just don’t have the space and can’t handle the digging so I’m not an expert, but 15 pounds at 13 years old is crazy, yes? At least from what I’ve read? Idk, it just makes me sad that she had to go through that. I’m glad she’s found a family that is willing to put in the effort to meet her needs.

Attachments

• IMG_6487.jpeg
    IMG_6487.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6488.png
    IMG_6488.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 1

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Poor thing. Sadly too many of us find bad information. The vet I took Megatron too printed off the same old outdated care guide for me. She also never heard of Leopard tortoises being sensitive to baytril. She was also surprised I could have a tortoise so small as there are laws to prevent them being sold under 4". I hoped for better as she has a sulcata but nope.

Hopefully you sent the link to this site for the new owners.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I wonder if there is any other animal that can withstand really bad conditions and diet for such extended periods - years and years - and still be alive and walking around.