Thoughts?

DrLew

5 Year Member
I had some vandals come into my yard and they thought it must have been a good idea
to write their initials on one of my Red Foots shell in nail polish. Can't find anything
on the internet as to whether or not it's a good idea to use nail polish remover on this.
Anyone have this experience? Thoughts?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
It's ok. Just use water and a scrub brush. Over time it will chip off anyways. Is the tortoise covered in it or just some small area?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Many breeders, etc. use nail polish to mark bloodline or what have you. Like Kelly said, warm water and a toothbrush should help remove some of it. The rest will chip off as they brush against things, etc. As a girl, trust me when I say nail polish doesn't stay on very long. You should have it gone within a couple weeks tops...and in the meantime, it isn't harmful, just ugly and frustrating. I'm sorry those hooligans did this to you and your tort. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've used nail polish remover before. If you just use it in a small area it should be ok. Then wash it off with soapy water when you're finished.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I'm sorry that vandals got to your innocent tort! We have cameras on the gate on the shed and the greenhouse. They were fairly cheep only like $30 each and you can monitor them via cell phone or any computer with internet access. They take pictures when they sense the slightest bit of motion. You could look into them.