Tiny shrimp in water

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham, Alabama
Max really like’s canned Tiny Shrimp in water I get at the grocery store. All I have to do is rub his feed bowl on his feeder rock and here he comes, wide open out of his pool.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Max really like’s canned Tiny Shrimp in water I get at the grocery store. All I have to do is rub his feed bowl on his feeder rock and here he comes, wide open out of his pool.
There is something missing from this thread....

PICTURES! We need pics of everything you are talking about here. :)

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
There is something missing from this thread....

PICTURES! We need pics of everything you are talking about here. :)
I tried to post video of Max chowing down on the shrimp when I posted this the first time, with no luck.
I’m going to try again.
View attachment IMG_2078.MOV

Attachments

• 0AFEBDF8-ED1F-49B8-89B4-6E621FF50AD6.jpeg
    0AFEBDF8-ED1F-49B8-89B4-6E621FF50AD6.jpeg
    792.7 KB · Views: 4
  • AEB81424-EF84-499D-B974-E51E3D63B642.jpeg
    AEB81424-EF84-499D-B974-E51E3D63B642.jpeg
    811 KB · Views: 4

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
Removed some plants that was getting to large for Max’s foraging bed and put in two new ones.
I’m having a lot of fun with this turtle parenting and keeping his habitat fresh for him. I think he appreciates it and enjoy exploring new things.

Attachments

• 8F494EFD-5EEA-4046-9574-8B65F216B1C7.jpeg
    8F494EFD-5EEA-4046-9574-8B65F216B1C7.jpeg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 60D62BB5-929F-46C1-9AA8-B15B846C5819.jpeg
    60D62BB5-929F-46C1-9AA8-B15B846C5819.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • B2689189-3760-49C1-9300-CD040B8F4973.jpeg
    B2689189-3760-49C1-9300-CD040B8F4973.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 459A34DC-3A9F-40BC-BFA0-FA452F9F607E.jpeg
    459A34DC-3A9F-40BC-BFA0-FA452F9F607E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks Tom for extracting the pics!

That's thee single most complicated, best built, attention-to-detail to the n'th degree enclosure, ever!......what a great place for a box turtle to live! You'll need to talk to someone about that at some point brother, unless you're married.......wives seems to find plenty of outlets for OCD'r husbands..... LOL....I have to tease you of course.

He eats like an adult! Every vid of him, he's eating like he hasn't seen food in weeks....like adults do! I only mention it because I invariably compare him to mine since they are close in age....Max is a beast!

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks Tom for extracting the pics!

That's thee single most complicated, best built, attention-to-detail to the n'th degree enclosure, ever!......what a great place for a box turtle to live! You'll need to talk to someone about that at some point brother, unless you're married.......wives seems to find plenty of outlets for OCD'r husbands..... LOL....I have to tease you of course.

He eats like an adult! Every vid of him, he's eating like he hasn't seen food in weeks....like adults do! I only mention it because I invariably compare him to mine since they are close in age....Max is a beast!
Hi Jeff, when I read your most extreme, to detail, description of Max’s habitat, I just couldn’t stop laughing 😂. I really appreciate you noticing my OCD problem. Yes I’ve got it bad. I’ve always hated two phrases. 1. That’s close enough and 2. That will do! You nailed it. Yes my wife really helps, I guess. If only she didn’t have OCD as bad as I do. LOL 😆
I love your humor. Keep it coming. Reading your comments are as much fun as working with Max. Stay Cool friend 😎

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's pretty funny Gerry. Yes, the OCD is rather obvious & Max is definitely benefiting!

I'm not sure what you chose to do for a living to pay the bills but I run an Estimating department for a Mechanical Contractor outside of DC.

I have done this for 42 years now, beginning as Local #5 Plumber apprentice in 1980.

The fundamental goal of any Estimate is to capture all the related costs.

I ONLY hire OCD'ers with mechanical aptitude if I can.......you guys MISS NOTHING!!!!!

They call it a "disorder" but as a very successful Chief Estimator, I call it AN ASSET!

I hired Brandon straight out of high school BECAUSE he was sharp, neat, a solid sense of ethics and he had OCD......and I had hoped at the time that he would take over for me one day. Brandon will be 34 or 35 this year and this year, has assumed most of my duties so that's working out well for me and the firm.

Nobody catches details like you guys do.....I recognized that decades ago............and I surrounded myself with talent.
I had to Gerry.....you see, my two FAV phrases are......yes, of course you saw this coming and correctly, you guessed it;

1. That’s close enough
2. That will do!

Enjoy the day my friend!

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
That's pretty funny Gerry. Yes, the OCD is rather obvious & Max is definitely benefiting!

I'm not sure what you chose to do for a living to pay the bills but I run an Estimating department for a Mechanical Contractor outside of DC.

I have done this for 42 years now, beginning as Local #5 Plumber apprentice in 1980.

The fundamental goal of any Estimate is to capture all the related costs.

I ONLY hire OCD'ers with mechanical aptitude if I can.......you guys MISS NOTHING!!!!!

They call it a "disorder" but as a very successful Chief Estimator, I call it AN ASSET!

I hired Brandon straight out of high school BECAUSE he was sharp, neat, a solid sense of ethics and he had OCD......and I had hoped at the time that he would take over for me one day. Brandon will be 34 or 35 this year and this year, has assumed most of my duties so that's working out well for me and the firm.

Nobody catches details like you guys do.....I recognized that decades ago............and I surrounded myself with talent.
I had to Gerry.....you see, my two FAV phrases are......yes, of course you saw this coming and correctly, you guessed it;

1. That’s close enough
2. That will do!

Enjoy the day my friend!
Jeff, it sounds like you’ve had a great career and gained a lot of wisdom throughout your years.
To bad wisdom can’t be taught, it has to be learned.
I gained a lot of wisdom through trying and failing, but due to my OCD , the second or third time trying resulted in more learning and I always ended up with much better results.
I try to pass on some of my knowledge to as many young kids, men, and people as I can, but it’s real hard to find the ones that have the want to or as you have learned those with OCD!
You know what I’m talking about.

I’m 69 now and there’s only a small amount of time left to pick my brain.
Thanks for sharing some of your wisdom. Gerry

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Dang, someone OLDER than me(64) I love it! You just made my day! My Senior Estimator just retired in Jan of this year Gerry.....he's 82. You have "boom-boom long time" left! LOL

I am fortunate that good people looked out for me and taught me that me strength would come from the very people I was competing with. I left home at 15.....things could have gone very, very differently so I'm humbled by your words.

I do know what you are talking about. Have faith in youth, they got this........yeah.....it doesn't look like what we are used to, but they got this!

My boss and I kick it around most mornings when he corners me in my office at 5am and talks my ear off....on his dime! My trips to Home Depot or Lowes, reveal very few employees under 50 on the Floor most are our age believe it or not! We all know why.....cause they actually show up and already have a work ethic!

Yeah, we don't recognize the "I don't feel like going in today" attitudes either but hey, it's their world now, I'm just another boomer to them....that's cool, I can disengage now........I hope they enjoy the retirements they are building!