Tom: AKA: "Captain Knowledge" Review

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I recently purchased a Burmese Star Tortoise from Tom (AKA: Captain Knowledge). He is a very well respected member here at Tortoise Forum.

Tom and I were discussing several different species of tortoise before making my decision to go with a Burmese Star. He and I were initially discussing the Giant S. African Leopard Tortoise (S. Pardalis Pardalis) and he was kind enough to direct me to a fellow breeder.

Ultimately, I decided on a Burmese Star and very happy with my decision.

Our tortoise arrived overnight via FedEx and the baby tortoise was shipped very secure. As soon as I opened the box, our little tortoise named "Rainbow" was wide eyed and ready for the world! I placed him/her in their new enclosure, which was set up properly with the correct basking area temp. and humidity, and Rainbow immediately started exploring and eating. What a healthy little baby!

I highly recommend purchasing from Tom!

Image: My daughter with our new addition "Rainbow"

rsz_rio_with_rainbow.png

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I put that "Captain Knowledge" thing in my signature as a joke. A surly new member didn't like my answer to his question so he told me to "chill out, Cap'n Knowledge...", or something to that effect. Basically implying that I fancy myself a know-it-all, and that he wasn't interested in my opinion on the matter he was asking for help with. The whole thing struck me funny, so I stole the moniker that he invented for me.

It also reminded me of the name that our moderator David gave himself: Captain Awesome. He said it in jest, I think, but I found it fitting for him, as he is awesome, and I enjoyed calling him by that title for years.

Anyhow, thanks to g4mobile for the kind words, and a super-duper thanks for giving one of my babies a good home!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, can't go wrong purchasing a tortoise from Tom. He takes great care in his tortoises and the shipping of them. Is very reasonable with his pricing and is always willing to help with any problems.
The best of care was taken in shipping a large leopard to me.