Tort not growing.

Turbotort

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
No I haven't tried that yet. I usually just accept that he probably won't eat anything I do buy usually lol. We'll see when I get home if he's eaten any of the food I put out. Was raining before work so no sunshine and testudo this morning.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Well if you ever want to give it a shot I can drop a small amount in the mail for you...I have enough to last my two another 8 months.

Turbotort

Florida
Haha me too. I see some kind of shell growth in between a scute on his back. Ill have to take pictures soon.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
No I haven't tried that yet. I usually just accept that he probably won't eat anything I do buy usually lol. We'll see when I get home if he's eaten any of the food I put out. Was raining before work so no sunshine and testudo this morning.
Hi. I have had a leopard hatching since last August and tho she is active and eats like a beast she will not budge off 70grams. At first I feared the worse and stressed all the time, eventually I had to tell myself that what's going to happen will happen. Perhaps try so tough love. Mine wouldn't touch certain things food wise, mazuri for one. If I see she is isn't eating something, if it's really good for her, I will only offer it till she breaks down and eats it. It took about a week to get her to eat mazuri but she did it. It's been over a year now and besides a couple weeks here in the last little bit that she took like a slow down period, she has been doing great, just not growing. Perhaps just focus on getting her environment perfect and her diet good, don't focus on the weight. If she's eating good healthy foods and is active that's all you can do, you can't make her gain weight, I know, I've tried.

Turbotort

Florida
Sorry I've been gone all day. Aaaaand 31g. I don't know why I bother weighing anymore. I always get my hopes up.

Turbotort

Florida
I suppose I did kind of expect this with how I changed his food. He eats so idk. I just dont want this to continue for another year then one day he just rolls over. :/

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
He hasn't lost any weight though...so that is good. And as always, the willingness to eat is a good sign. How old is he now?

Turbotort

Florida
Well he was like just shy of 34g's last week. It may only be a few grams but its just never positive. Um Tort now a little over 8 months.

Turbotort

Florida
Ok so I put him out this morning for an hour and then a quick 15 minute soak. Put him on the scale and bam 33g. I'm well aware the weight will fluctuate just like ours I was just hoping for more. Im going to weigh him everyday for a week to better understand my torts weight fluctuations. He's chomping away right now. After a week he seems less picky about the mix of greens I have in there.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
I over weigh my tortoises so I can tell you that you will find remarkable variation in weight during the course of a single day.

Turbotort

Florida
Yeah its just the weigh is never in a good direction which is quite annoying. But yes hopefully soon his minimum weigh will go up. I was saying even an average of 1g a week would be an accomplishment.

Chantel

5 Year Member
Yuba City, CA
I would be totally frustrated and annoyed too. Keep chopping it up small with the romaine, and your other care via Tom's care sheet. Hopefully he will pull out of it soon!