TORTOISE CLASSIFIEDS

WHICH SITE DO YOU USE MOST

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Leonard

5 Year Member
Kristina said:
Mostly Kingsnake and Fauna, but I keep an eye on the classifieds here as well ;)

Hello
I am brand new at this. Are the tortoises posted in your ad for sale, or are these your pets? Thanks.
Mark

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Mark Leonard said:
Hello
I am brand new at this. Are the tortoises posted in your ad for sale, or are these your pets? Thanks.
Mark

Hi Mark:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

The only place you will see turtles and tortoises for sale here on our forum is in the "for sale" section. This section is just a poll wondering which classified advertisements our members are using.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
haha...ive never checked out Fauna before so I just did and the first thing I see is ALDABRA HATCHLINGS...hmmm now who do i know that's an aldabra loving capslocker? I'm sure it will come to me :D

I check kingsnake and use searchtempest for craigslist...now I'm apparently trying out fauna too, uhohh.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
I have started to browse them all, but feel the sane about Kingsnake as other posters here on the forum. If I am going to have an animal shipped, I would prefer it be from a friend breeder on this forum, like Austin, Tyler or Tom, who all live Sulcatas too. I just found a female Sulcata on Craigslist this morning. Three to four years old and in need of a good home. Can't hardly wait to go get her tomorrow. You all will be treated to photos of Babette the minute the long drive is over!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
My tortoise thirst is pretty much quenched for the time being, so I'm not really actively looking to add any more chelonians to my collection anytime soon.

I do generally prefer Kingsnake for if I want to browse, because well, it's the #1 reptile classifieds site for a reason!

For personal reasons, I avoid Fauna and its crowd.

I eventually would like to work toward setting up a series of tortoise pens in the backyard to perhaps start a small "sanctuary" and likewise, will always be on the lookout for any unwanted tort or turtle who needs a forever home...but that dream is a while before being realized.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I will never buy from Fauna again, unless I know the breeder....like Chris who is on this forum, who I got a box turtle from....for my own personal reasons too.
Most of my box turtles are ones that I got from the rescue near me, and some that people gave me. I've also gotten one on Kingsnake with no problem. One of my tortoises, I got on Kingsnake from a person I knew about, and one was given to me.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
DeanS said:
While I look at Kingsnake...and a few others...I ONLY buy from respected breeders...usually those that I already know.

I agree. I've found fauna and kingsnake to be overpriced and the tortoises don't seem to be individually cared for. Fun sites to take a gander at though!

TaraDodrill said:
I have started to browse them all, but feel the sane about Kingsnake as other posters here on the forum. If I am going to have an animal shipped, I would prefer it be from a friend breeder on this forum, like Austin, Tyler or Tom, who all live Sulcatas too. I just found a female Sulcata on Craigslist this morning. Three to four years old and in need of a good home. Can't hardly wait to go get her tomorrow. You all will be treated to photos of Babette the minute the long drive is over!

As always thanks for your support Tara. Im so excited for your new Sulcata additions! :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
Greg, I don't peruse for turtle or tortoise :D I am the lady that takes the ones no one wants any longer or displaced or just are in need....... so had to poll none.......I would be in MAJOR trouble if I started purchasing them also....I think the phrase "crazy tortoise lady" :rolleyes: would start to be slung around.....lol :p

You know whats even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They call me the crazy tortoise lady to but Im a guy:(

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Arizona Sulcata said:
DeanS said:
While I look at Kingsnake...and a few others...I ONLY buy from respected breeders...usually those that I already know.

I agree. I've found fauna and kingsnake to be overpriced and the tortoises don't seem to be individually cared for. Fun sites to take a gander at though!

TaraDodrill said:

As always thanks for your support Tara. Im so excited for your new Sulcata additions! :)

You are welcome. Breeders on the forum are willing to help newbies and that says a lot about their knowledge and committment to torts. It is appreciated. Babette and Scarlet are doing great, almost came home with Yellow Foots and Red Foots too, they were adorable, but two Sulcatas were enough, for now. Looking forward to buying from you in the future and supplies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.